See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sound Config File, replace wind.wav  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Cras

14 December 2012, 04:40:13
Could it possible to have the ability to replace the wind.wav in the vessel config file?

There is that add-on pack with some more realistic shuttle sounds and I was just writing the file so they are used with Shuttle Fleet, and it comes with a wind sound that has that famous Shuttle APU sound, and I hope to only use it when the Shuttle is focused.  I was looking at the deltaglider's config file and it seems that is not one of the functions that can be replaced.  Though I do love the fact that the rest of the files can.

This feature of orbiter sound is just...epic.  I love it.

Thanks!

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #1 - 14 December 2012, 14:56:23
I'm not sure I get it perfectly do you have a link to this sound ?

Offline Cras

Reply #2 - 17 December 2012, 18:19:38
Its from this add-on.

http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3994

He updated it and I hadn't noticed when I was using the old version to create a Shuttle Fleet config folder, but essentially, what it does is it has a file for the base sound that is a workaround to have the APU sound playing when the SHuttle is on the pad or just after landing.

So my original thought would be if the base sound could be over ridden based on the vehicle config file.   That way the APU sound only plays when I am at that base in the Space Shuttle.

But I have a feeling that would be a great deal of work.   And now that i have a better idea of how the new base and wind sound works,  the workaround works fine enough, especially as you have that feature where the base sound is played over the global wind sound.

« Last Edit: 17 December 2012, 18:19:38 by Cras »
Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX