See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: (beta) DeltaGliderIV+addons final candidate 20120404  (Read 56118 times)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
07 April 2012, 11:08:02
Welcome to DeltaGliderIV+addons final candidate 20120404

This is the final candidate, if nothing serious is detected those files
will be online as they are yet. Please review the changelog.txt, check "your" bug.
Changelog: http://www.dansteph.com/publie/ChangeLog.txt

A complete and serious test would be to install all addons on a fresh installation
and check  all scenarios and the doc. I have done that but I'm almost certain that
I missed somes bugs.

Bug reporting form

Please use the text form in the link below to report bugs: It's important !
http://www.dansteph.com/publie/beta_form.txt

Feedback

Feedback are importants, please be verbous, precise, don't hesitate to write what you think or post anything you want about beta.  Use the form above for bugs. Keep me informed of any status change if you can't test anymore for example.

Never forget that the final quality of addons depend enterely of YOUR TESTS.

Much thanks for your help :beer:

Dan

Message modifié ( 07-04-2012 11:08 )

Offline Ripley

• My Orbiter section on www.tuttovola.org
Reply #1 - 08 April 2012, 12:13:24
Hi Dan.
Just some last-minute thoughts:

First - would it be possible to re-route OrbiterSound to play MP3s in a selected folder (via a configuration option in OrbiterSound config, or in a cfg text file), so the user can choose between standard and custom location of MP3 files?

I mean...a bit like Textures and Textures2 folders in Orbiter.cfg file, where there is this configurable section that allows the user to "save disk space" by pointing all the different Orbiter installs to one unique "repository" folder:

Code: [Select]
; === Subdirectory locations
ConfigDir = .\Config\
MeshDir = .\Meshes\
TextureDir = .\Textures\
HightexDir = .\Textures2\
ScenarioDir = .\Scenarios\
Second - about the extra sides of the instrument panels you just added: could it be possible to make those "empty" (they look empty to those with no 1920 resolution) areas tranparent, or maybe make them "look through" by percentage?
It could be useful to "see" some extra ambient beneath them.

Sorry if I come up with these ideas a bit late...

Post Edited ( 04-08-12 12:33 )

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #2 - 08 April 2012, 13:35:32
Well sorry it's a bit late, maybe next time.

Dan

Offline Ripley

Reply #3 - 08 April 2012, 18:00:40
Ok.

Offline sunshine135

• I fly by the seat of my pants!
Reply #4 - 09 April 2012, 03:42:59
All,

I am testing on the D3D11 Client. I did not have a problem with base rendering yesterday, but today, after install of the add-ons my base looks like below:

Rendering appears to be a problem with the higher level Cape Canaveral Texture ONLY. When I kick the autopilot into gear, sometimes the base renders and other times it doesn't.

Specs:

Intel Core i7-940
Nvidia GTX-460 updated to latest drivers 296.10
6GB RAM

Only add-ons are the D3D11 client, level 9 Mercury Textures, and Dan's add-ons.

I remember this being an issue with earlier versions of Orbiter, does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this? I'm not ready to report this as a bug, because I am seeing it when I load a regular DG scenario now.

"Sun Dog"

Offline sunshine135

Reply #5 - 09 April 2012, 04:26:15

DGIV BUG

Short description:

DGIV wheel animation issues

Severity

Detail

Complete description
When DGIV goes into a hover landing, wheel animations do not stop even though DGIV appears to be completely stopped

Reproduce bug

Start Orbiter
Select the Tutorial Leard DGIV - Whats cool folder
Choose Autopilot Hover Scenario
Engage PRO200SPEC8 Autopilot "Hover Autopilot"
Take DGIV up to about 200 ft, and then land using the autopilot.
If DGIV has some momentum, the wheels will spin to show the the spacecraft rolling forward.
Apply full breaks < > and when the DGIV is completely stopped wheels still rotate

Miscallenous

I am testing Orbiter_ng using the D3DX11 client, Mercury Level 9 Textures, and Dan's Addons ONLY.
Intel Core i7-940
6GB RAM

I would like other testers to verify please. Thanks.

Post Edited ( 04-09-12 04:27 )

"Sun Dog"

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #6 - 09 April 2012, 06:40:46
Complete description
When DGIV goes into a hover landing, wheel animations do not stop even though DGIV appears to be completely stopped

I tried with DX9 I'm unable to reproduce yet.

-Can you reproduce it each time ?
-Does the bug appear also with Orbiter.exe ?

Dan

Message modifié ( 09-04-2012 06:41 )

Offline sunshine135

Reply #7 - 10 April 2012, 01:56:15
Dan,

I duplicated this in DX11 and it happens every time. Also appears in Orbiter.exe.

When you open the Hover autopilot tutorial, look at the DGIV from outside
Enter PRO200SPEC8
When you hit EXECUTE "E" the wheels start spinning. They don't stop no matter if you cancel the autopilot or stop the glider completely. When the Glider lifts off the ground, the spin stops.

I thought it could have been a DisplayFusion issue, so I also disabled this and my second monitor. I still have it happen. :wonder:

UPDATE:

I am noticing that the airspeed indicator fluctuates wildly in this latest version of Orbiter. I'm going to try some more troubleshooting. I believe you are linking the wheel animation to changes in the Ground speed in a land state. Let me see if I can determine what is causing the fluctuations.

UPDATE #2:

Rookie Mistake (maybe). I had atmospheric wind effects checked under perturbations. Unchecking it resolved the issue, but I'm wondering if there is a possibility of linking the rotating wheel animations to something other than ground speed, otherwise the DG looks like it has a set of DUBs when the wind blows :lol:

Otherwise, to duplicate- under Parameters check Atmospheric wind effects under Perturbations and then run the scenario as stated above. You will see what I mean.

Post Edited ( 04-10-12 04:20 )

"Sun Dog"

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #8 - 10 April 2012, 05:55:01
sunshine135 a écrit:
Rookie Mistake (maybe).

Nope, (chuck testa lol )

A true bug that you discovered but I'm affraid there is no simple solution yet. Getting the true ground speed is a mess from what I've read, I'll mark it as solved and pass this one under "oops" feature.

Cheers

Dan

Offline sunshine135

Reply #9 - 10 April 2012, 14:09:47

Arrow Freighter BUG

Short description:

Arrow Freighter main panel bars are transparent to the outside surroundings

Severity

minor

Complete description

Go to any scene where the Arrow is in lighted conditions. The main panel bars were once green and now are see through.

Reproduce bug
Go to any scene where the Arrow is in lighted conditions such as the Arrow 18 scenario. (See image below).

Miscallenous

I am testing Orbiter_ng using the D3DX11 client, Mercury Level 8 Textures, and Dan's Addons ONLY.
Intel Core i7-940
6GB RAM

Also tested in Orbiter.exe mode and I am getting this. Due to the quirky artifacts I am also getting, I would like someone else to verify as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Sun Dog"

Offline asmi

Reply #10 - 10 April 2012, 14:33:56
sunshine135 wrote:
Rendering appears to be a problem with the higher level Cape Canaveral Texture ONLY. When I kick the autopilot into gear, sometimes the base renders and other times it doesn't.
This is happening sometimes when you exit the simulation and then restart it without restarting launchpad. It is known issue, though it's kinda random so it's hard to find/fix. If you restart launchpad it should work, or you can go to the "Extra" tab in NG's launchpad, pick Debugging options->Orbiter shutdown options, click "Edit" button and set it to "Respawn Orbiter process". It is likely caused by some memory leaks during shutdown, but as I said for now I wasn't able to catch and fix it.

Offline sunshine135

Reply #11 - 10 April 2012, 14:58:13
asmi wrote:
This is happening sometimes when you exit the simulation and then restart it without restarting launchpad. It is known issue, though it's kinda random so it's hard to find/fix. If you restart launchpad it should work, or you can go to the "Extra" tab in NG's launchpad, pick Debugging options-&gt;Orbiter shutdown options, click "Edit" button and set it to "Respawn Orbiter process". It is likely caused by some memory leaks during shutdown, but as I said for now I wasn't able to catch and fix it.

Thanks asmi! I don't think the rendering issue is causing the bars on the Arrow to act as windows though. This bug happens even when I don't have the issue (total respawn), but I'm glad you commented anyway, because that bug was making me scratch my head.

Nice work btw. This is one of the few graphics clients I have been able to run that works well on my PC. I like the mountains on Mercury and look forward to exploring more. Just FYI, on your install instructions, you might want to recommend some textures to add that work well with your package. :merci:

Post Edited ( 04-10-12 15:07 )

"Sun Dog"

Offline asmi

Reply #12 - 10 April 2012, 21:14:33
sunshine135 wrote:

Nice work btw. This is one of the few graphics clients I have been able to run that works well on my PC. I like the mountains on Mercury and look forward to exploring more. Just FYI, on your install instructions, you might want to recommend some textures to add that work well with your package. :merci:
Glider has made an awesome progress with terrain implementation, and I'm going to post some screenshots on the forum soon, he is also working on adding physics-accurate athmosphere rendering. However there are issues caused by the fact that orbiter's core doesn't know anything about terrain, so we're trying to get around them somehow...

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #13 - 11 April 2012, 00:00:26
sunshine135 a écrit:
Short description:
Arrow Freighter main panel bars are transparent to the outside surroundings

:trucdeouf:

No idea what happen here, I never saw that and I don't remember this being reported.
Does anyone see this also ?

Dan

Message modifié ( 11-04-2012 00:01 )

Offline asmi

Reply #14 - 11 April 2012, 06:10:11
DanSteph wrote::trucdeouf:

No idea what happen here, I never saw that and I don't remember this being reported.
Does anyone see this also ?

Dan
Confirmed here as well:

And as a bonus - spoiler into terrain :)

Post Edited ( 04-11-12 06:11 )

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #15 - 11 April 2012, 10:08:04
asmi a écrit:
And as a bonus - spoiler into terrain :)

Great ;)

I'll have a look about transparency but if the texture don't have a keycolour I have no idea.

Dan

Offline sunshine135

Reply #16 - 12 April 2012, 03:54:18
Dan and Asmi,

I have also discovered that pressing the F11 key in Orbiter now has a function that brings up what I guess to be a "mesh box" or an area of defined influence for an object. This isn't a bug within itself, but it conflicts with the MKTSAT deployment which ends on all commands with F11. See the picture below:

With that being said, F11 command at the end of the sequence should probably be replaced with a different key as to not cause interference, or I am not sure if this key is exclusive to the new version of Orbiter or DX11, but maybe you guys and the good Doctor could compromise ;)

Okay- off to break more stuff!

"Sun Dog"

Offline Ripley

Reply #17 - 12 April 2012, 13:52:46
OT: To me it looks like a Blockout (Tetris-3D) piece!

Offline asmi

Reply #18 - 13 April 2012, 01:46:27
sunshine135 wrote:
Dan and Asmi,

I have also discovered that pressing the F11 key in Orbiter now has a function that brings up what I guess to be a "mesh box" or an area of defined influence for an object. This isn't a bug within itself, but it conflicts with the MKTSAT deployment which ends on all commands with F11. See the picture below:

With that being said, F11 command at the end of the sequence should probably be replaced with a different key as to not cause interference, or I am not sure if this key is exclusive to the new version of Orbiter or DX11, but maybe you guys and the good Doctor could compromise ;)

Please check this key in inline Orbiter client and see if it works there.

Offline Cras

Reply #19 - 14 April 2012, 05:04:56
I have been in California for the past week or so, away from my machine that runs my Orbiter D3D11 installation.

I am going to have some free time coming up, so I will be able to run some testing and see if everything is working on the release candidates.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline Cras

Reply #20 - 16 April 2012, 04:18:52

DGIV BUG

Short description:

Antenna Animation (contd)

Severity

Minor

Complete description

The animation bug I reported earlier is still there somewhere.  It seems to be related to loading a saved state (I have seen it from loading the current state quicksave).  Not sure of the exact cause or circumstances as of yet.

Reproduce bug

Get the DGIV into orbit ( Iwas in LEO of about 220 km x220 km)  deploy the antenna, have it track an object (in my case it was an Arrow I was chasing down).  Quit orbiter, load up the Current State quicksave, and there is a chance things will be out of whack.

Miscallenous

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68333863/Antenna%20Animation.png

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline Cras

Reply #21 - 16 April 2012, 04:22:11

DGIV BUG

Short description:

New nose cone light does not react as expected with the Arrow docking bay.

Severity

Minor

Complete description

When approaching the arrow docking bay, the nose cone does not do well in lighting up the docking port.  It does not seem to light up at all the bay sides in general, and the jut out docking port lights up only when the DGIV is in a small window in terms of distance away.  If you check my pic, as I get close, I have passed the window.  I saw the docking port get covered up by light nicely (although I would expect the surrounding bay to have some sort of light as well) and when I rotate the spot light moves as well, however once I get closer the light disappears and the rest of the docking is done in darkness.

Reproduce bug

Dock the DGIV with the Arrow.

Miscallenous

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68333863/Nose%20Cone%20Docking%20Light.png

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline Cras

Reply #22 - 16 April 2012, 04:24:59
back to the animation bug and autopilot ascent crashes I saw under D3D11 (about one DGIV beta build or so ago), after a fresh install of Orbiter 2010P2 beta, and the latest and greatest D3D11 client from source forge, I no longer see any of these issues.  I did have some repeating CTDs at random times that I feel are no way related to the DGIV, so I am not being able to test out the DGIV as well as I would have hopped, I need to get back in touch with asmi to sort out why once again my computer just does not want to co-operate with D3D11 client.

and asmi, that pic of you in the virtual cockpit of the arrow on the moon looks fantastic.  Looks so good with that terrain.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline Cras

Reply #23 - 16 April 2012, 17:14:08

DGIV BUG

Short description:

MFD panels are all blank and DGIV computer reports error when loading a saved scenario (sometimes)

Severity

Minor

Complete description

I have seen now on two occasions that when I loaded a saved scenario that the MFDs are blanked out.  The vast majority of the time I have seen the scenario maintain the MFDs that were loaded on all four screens, but on those few occasions, they are all blanked out.

Reproduce bug

load a saved scenario, and there is a chance the MFD screens will not be restored.

Miscallenous

I have yet to figure out the exact details of how this is happening and have yet to find something that reproduces it regularly.  I post this here to have other testers keep a look out and see if they see the same thing and how often they see it.  This has been under the latest Orbiter Beta.

Post Edited ( 04-16-12 17:14 )

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline asmi

Reply #24 - 16 April 2012, 17:18:51
Hi Cras,
Cras wrote:
back to the animation bug and autopilot ascent crashes I saw under D3D11 (about one DGIV beta build or so ago), after a fresh install of Orbiter 2010P2 beta, and the latest and greatest D3D11 client from source forge, I no longer see any of these issues.  I did have some repeating CTDs at random times that I feel are no way related to the DGIV, so I am not being able to test out the DGIV as well as I would have hopped, I need to get back in touch with asmi to sort out why once again my computer just does not want to co-operate with D3D11 client.
Can we connect some day in the evening in GTalk to try to sort these CTDs out? I think doing that in interactive way has been proven to be much more efficient than me staring into code trying to guess what could have gone wrong...
and asmi, that pic of you in the virtual cockpit of the arrow on the moon looks fantastic.  Looks so good with that terrain.
Indeed it is, and we've got terrain engine almost ready, however as far as physics come, there are a whole bunch of issues connected with the fact that Orbiter's core knows nothing about terrain, and we're brainstoring a way around those shortcomings...