See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UCGO BETA Public release 100112  (Read 24935 times)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
12 January 2010, 19:15:28
Welcome to UCGO beta public release

Please take in account it's still a BETA TEST yet, don't forget to DOWNLOAD the FINAL
once released (a couple of day) and don't release addons based on it, wait the final.

Download

http://orbiter.dansteph.com/publicbetaucgo543/PublicBetaUCGO100112.php (40mb)

DeltaGliderIV-2

This beta automatically update your DGIV to DGIV-2 that is UCGO compatible.
DGIV-2 is a minor upgrade that allow DGIV-2 to carry UCGO cargo.

If you don't have the DGIV yet please install it FIRST before this beta.

Changelog

Here you can see regulary my change or/and update:
http://www.dansteph.com/publie/ChangeLog.txt

Bug reporting form

Please use the text form in the link below to report bugs: It's important !
http://www.dansteph.com/publie/beta_form.txt

Follow "your" bug and once cleared (probably with a new version) check and
confirm in beta test thread that the bug is gone. It may be a good idea to keep a
list of "your" bugs.

Feedback

Feedback are importants, please be verbous, precise, don't hesitate to write what you
think or post anything you want about beta.

Never forget that the final quality of addons depend enterely
of YOUR TESTS.  Don't assume "other" will do the job.

Much thanks for your help :beer:

Dan

Message modifié ( 12-01-2010 19:28 )

Offline Logifech

Reply #1 - 12 January 2010, 19:26:38
Wow This is one of your best Addons Dan Thank You for Your Hard Work.
And have a nice day

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #2 - 12 January 2010, 19:55:59
Thanks.

I'm particulary intterested by developers feedback.
SDK are the least tested things so if someone want
to test them he would be welcome.

The new SDK & UMMU for example are really user friendly
By copying/pasting code from tutorial doc you can get a
UMMU & UCGO  vessel in less than 30 minutes I think.

A big improvment over UMmu 1.5 doc.

But cars or cargos may be cool to do also. ;)

Dan

Offline Tefal

Reply #3 - 12 January 2010, 21:09:59

UCGO BUG

Bug with: Arrow freighter

Short description:

Clicking on the SEL buttons of the MFDs in the virtual cockpit causes crash

Severity

CTD

Complete description

Whenever I try to click on the MFD "SEL" buttons that normally show the MFD list, I get a CTD. This seems to happen
independently from exactly what MFD is displayed, and happens in all circumstances. A good scenario to reproduce this is the
Autoland test.

I tried to deactivate all supplementary MFD modules (transx, IMFD, aerobrake and the like) and
potentially-fishy-but-unrelated-modules (UMMUFA) and the bug persists.

Reproduce bug

Open the Autoland test scenario, click on one of the "SEL" buttons between PWR and MNU. Voilà! There's a fat chance it's just
somehow due to my very dirty Orbiter install, however.

Miscallenous

I've seen CTDs during MFD display, but this is a new type of crash here...

Offline Dambuster

Reply #4 - 12 January 2010, 21:45:41

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

Arrow/UMMU/XR-2

Short description:

EVA transfer oddities

Severity

minor

Complete description

I docked an XR-2 to the Arrow, and then for jokes transferred all the crew out of the XR-2, opened all the hatches, and
undocked it.  After getting the 'decompression alert', I used the Scenario Editor to redock it, and tried to EVA one of
the crew back into the XR-2.  According to the screens on the Arrow, it was successful, however when I looked at the
XR-2 there was no-one there, but what happened was that a UMMU with the name 'UMmuTUCGO_-_XR2' (I named the
XR-2 'UCGO - XR2') appeared at the airlock with an invisible mesh.  I tried moving this UMMU to the EVA door on the
Arrow, but there was no response when I pressed 'E'.  In all other ways the UMMU seems to behave normally.

Reproduce bug

Dock XR-2 to Arrow, open all the airlock doors on the XR-2, and transfer the XR-2's crew to the Arrow.  With the focus
on the Arrow, undock the XR-2 by pressing 'Cntrl + D', and then use the Scenario Editor to redock the XR-2 to the
Arrow.  Then, using the Arrow, transfer a crewmember to the XR-2 and finally look at the airlock between the XR-2 and
the Arrow to see where the invisible-mesh UMMU is.

Miscallenous

The name of the invisible mesh is the same whether I try and transfer a crew originally from the XR-2 or the Arrow into
the decompressed XR-2.

Offline Tefal

Reply #5 - 12 January 2010, 23:21:39

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

UMMU

Short description:

Square black block on the upper part of the screen (2D panel artifact?)

Severity

detail

Complete description

This small black square comes up at the top of my screen, in the middle, at times when I use a UMMU human outside of his/her suit.

See this picture:

http://www.tefal.free.fr/imgs/black-square-bug.jpg

Reproduce bug

This most probably needs large widescreen resolutions. I use 1920x1080 - then simply get out of a UMMU suit.

Miscellaneous[/u]

The square gets some kind of dull gray when I switch the focus away to some other program (from full-screen mode) then come back, which usually garbles 2D panels.

The bug might be hard to reproduce, as it only happened once. Interestingly, the square can be put away with an F8... as if to switch off the 2D panel.

Post Edited ( 01-12-10 23:27 )

Offline Tefal

Reply #6 - 12 January 2010, 23:36:57

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

UMMU

Short description:

RCS thrusters visible on humans (suitless UMMUs) when an autopilot is active

Severity

minor

Complete description

The RCS thrusters are normally not visible when a plain human - suitless UMMU - walks around. However, when an autopilot -
for example RCS KILLROT - is active, they suddenly appear.

Ergo, thrusters fired by autopilots are apparently visible on suitless UMMUs.

See http://www.tefal.free.fr/imgs/human-thrusters-bug.jpg

Reproduce bug

Get a UMMU out of his/her suit, activate KILLROT, try moving around and see the thrusters trying to prevent the movement.

Miscallenous

KILLROT stays permanently on if you activate it and move around on the ground. This seems to have the awful consequence that
if you leave it on, switch focus to something else in Windows then come back to Orbiter, the UMMU makes some kind of jump
proportional to the amount of time spent outside Orbiter. Usually kills it, I even managed to blast a UMMU to bits by filing
the previous bug report.

Offline Tefal

Reply #7 - 12 January 2010, 23:42:50

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

UMMU

Short description:

Autopilots stay on with a suitless UMMU on the ground, switching to another program makes the UMMU jump to its death

Severity

serious

Complete description

Autopilots, for example KILLROT, seem to stay permanently on if you activate it and move around on the ground with a suitless
UMMU. This seems to have the awful consequence that if you leave it on, switch focus to something else in Windows then come
back to Orbiter, the UMMU makes some kind of jump proportional to the amount of time spent outside Orbiter. Usually kills it,
I even managed to blast a UMMU to bits.

This does not happen without any autopilots on.

Reproduce bug

Using a UMMU outside of his/her suit, activate an autopilot then move around, which will make the autopilot stay on. Switch
focus to another program in Windows. Wait a bit. Come back to see your UMMU catapulted in the air and/or thrown to the ground
with force.

Offline gattico

Reply #8 - 13 January 2010, 00:22:52
I got NOT get this work.  Worked fine for me
Tefal wrote:

UCGO BUG

Short description:

Severity

CTD

Complete description

Whenever I try to click on the MFD "SEL" buttons that normally show the MFD list, I get a CTD. This seems
to happen
independently from exactly what MFD is displayed, and happens in all circumstances. A good scenario to reproduce
this is the
Autoland test.

I tried to deactivate all supplementary MFD modules (transx, IMFD, aerobrake and the like) and
potentially-fishy-but-unrelated-modules (UMMUFA) and the bug persists.

Reproduce bug

Open the Autoland test scenario, click on one of the "SEL" buttons between PWR and MNU. Voilà! There's
a fat chance it's just
somehow due to my very dirty Orbiter install, however.

Miscallenous

I've seen CTDs during MFD display, but this is a new type of crash here...

Offline Tefal

Reply #9 - 13 January 2010, 00:23:44
Slight bit of nitpicking, too - I'm of the impatient kind and do everything ground-related and most docking-related tasks at
10x. Is there an option to set the time acceleration above which all cars get grounded? I'd sure like the possibility to set
this to 100x, at which everything really gets too fast to follow.

But don't get the wrong impression, the add-on really is as incredible as it looked in the screenshots. :)

Offline Tefal

Reply #10 - 13 January 2010, 00:34:05

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

Arrow freighter

Short description:

Screens and MFDs in the virtual cockpit get (and stay) garbled after a task switch to another program

Severity

minor

Complete description

You probably know this - switching to another program from Orbiter often mangles the 2D panels. Probably messes up the
drawing surfaces. This alas also happens to screens in the virtual cockpit of the arrow, and the usual solution for garbled
2D panels (put the panel away with F8 and reload) does not work.

Reproduce bug

Open any scenario with the Arrow, go in its virtual cockpit, switch to another task in windows. Come back, see the garbled
screens. Switch the VC off with F8 and back again, it's still in this state.

Miscallenous

Pausing before switching tasks, often a possible remedy to prevent garbling, also does not work.

Since I've seen that kind of bug pretty often (hum hum XR2), I wonder if it's easily fixable at all, apart from doing a
reinit of the cockpit screen's drawing surfaces/buffers when the VC gets displayed off and on again.

Offline tl8roy

Reply #11 - 13 January 2010, 00:40:12

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

Arrow

Short description:

Change to AR02

Severity

CTD

Complete description
Start with the Station - Refuel at ISS scenario, after start up, try and move to AR02 using the F3 dialog
Orbiter stops with no message  and no control, Had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit Orbiter

Reproduce bug
Start with the Station - Refuel at ISS scenario, after start up, try and move to AR02 using the F3 dialog

Miscellaneous
Was tested in my dirty install

TL8

"To Learn Programming you need not know the language but how to copy and paste."

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #12 - 13 January 2010, 01:20:45
Tefal a écrit:

UCGO BUG
Bug with:
Arrow freighter
Short description:
Screens and MFDs in the virtual cockpit get (and stay) garbled after a task switch to another program

It's probably more CG and driver related as it's not a problem that is reported often. (never heard about it)
Same as for the UMmu black square, this is a invisible panel trick that I use in UMmu since 3 years and nobody
reported it until now.

You don't use 16 bit screen do you ?
What OS, CG, directx ?

(Now it's possible with vista & win 7 maybe, seem there is some problem here with panels and texture restore)

Anyway I note those as cleared as I cannot do anything on my end.

Dan

Message modifié ( 13-01-2010 01:37 )

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #13 - 13 January 2010, 01:26:30
Tefal a écrit:

UCGO BUG
Short description:

Severty

There is no reason in code for this one, the click is passed directly to Orbiter "SendMFDKey" function.
It *seem* to me that someone else had a MFD bug previously, I don't recall if he solved it by
installing on clean install (mean a 3rd party would be in cause) or by any other mean.

As no one reported it since many beta there is probably something specific to your computer.
(Os, drivers, Orbiter install ?)

Can you shake it a bit , disable all module included orbitersound, disable all 3rd MFD etc. etc.
Try with different MFD, left or right, circumstances  etc ?

Also what version do you use exactly Os orbiter etc ?

Thanks

Dan

Message modifié ( 13-01-2010 01:36 )

Offline DaveS

Reply #14 - 13 January 2010, 01:26:38
A developer question if I may:

Is it possible to create mobile crane trucks such as these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_%28machine%29#Mobile

One of these is used to lift items on/off the Mobile Launcher Platform(MLP) in preparation for launch or
roll(rollout/rollback) operations.

"The world's greatest all-electric flying machine, I'll tell you that! It was super!"

STS-1 CDR John W. Young during the RWY23L rollout of Space Shuttle Orbiter Vehicle-102 Columbia.

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #15 - 13 January 2010, 01:34:12
DaveS a écrit:
Is it possible to create mobile crane trucks such as these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_%28machine%29#Mobile
One of these is used to lift items on/off the Mobile Launcher Platform(MLP) in preparation for launch or

Yes (appart if the body is articulated) 6 wheel (3 axle) are supported you can even animate the "crane" but you'd not be able
to lift anything with it. The reason is that an "universal" crane system would be too complicated to adapt to the very
different kind of crane possible. IE: config might become so complicated that it would be more simpler to do it directly in C++)

Hope this answer ?

Dan

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #16 - 13 January 2010, 01:35:43
Dambuster a écrit:

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

Arrow/UMMU/XR-2
Short description:

EVA transfer oddities

Severity

minor

-Can you try with another name than UCGO_-_XR2 ?
-Can you try to reproduce this bug with the DGIV-2 ?

Thanks

Dan

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #17 - 13 January 2010, 01:38:57
tl8roy a écrit:

UCGO BUG
Bug with:
Arrow

Short description:
Change to AR02
Severity
CTD

Can you try with all modules disabled please ?

Dan

Offline DaveS

Reply #18 - 13 January 2010, 01:59:58
DanSteph wrote:
DaveS a écrit:

Yes (appart if the body is articulated) 6 wheel (3 axle) are supported you can even animate the "crane" but you'd
not be able
to lift anything with it. The reason is that an "universal" crane system would be too complicated to adapt to the very
different kind of crane possible. IE: config might become so complicated that it would be more simpler to do it directly in C++)

Hope this answer ?

Dan
Yes, it answers the question, thanks!

"The world's greatest all-electric flying machine, I'll tell you that! It was super!"

STS-1 CDR John W. Young during the RWY23L rollout of Space Shuttle Orbiter Vehicle-102 Columbia.

Offline Buzz313th

Reply #19 - 13 January 2010, 08:01:57

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

All UCGO Vessels capable of loading cargo

Not sure if its a bug or just a weight per cargo limitation

Short description:

Any cargo container over 10000 kg won't load onto Arrow or forklift

Severity

Minor (I suspect there is a weight limitation in the DLL of the module)

Complete description

I made a UCGO cargo container that upon UMMU unpack, spawns a DGIV.  I set the container mass at 23000 kg in the
config file to represent a DGIV with full tanks.  Everything worked fine until I tried loading it into the arrow via the
browse and add cargo on the cargo MFD of the arrow.  First of all, when I browsed to the cargo I made on the arrow
MFD, the arrow cargo mfd showed a weight for the container at 10000kg.  Although the container was configured to
weigh 23000 kg.   I tried loading it onto the arrow, but the MFD said that the ship was full, even though I had
emptied all the cargo before trying to load the DGIV in a box.  I then tried to load it onto the forklift and it would not
load because the Hud on the forklift stated the forklift was full..  I also tried to load it onto the DGIV, but the load
manager also said the ship was full and it wouldn't load.

Reproduce bug

Change the config file for any UCGO cargo container to anything over 10000kg and try loading it onto the arrow or
any other vessles.

Miscallenous

I read the UCGO SDK and looked at the functions and found one that sets the max weight an UCGO vessel can carry.  
The SDK says that the default max weight is 1,000,000 kg or 1000 metric tons for all the cargo on the vessel.  But I
could not find a function that sets the max weight of a single UCGO cargo per vessel.  

I'm not sure if the arrow has a maximum cargo load of 10000 kg as set by the module, or if there is a maximum
weight per cargo coded into the SDK or if this is a bug...

Offline Tefal

Reply #20 - 13 January 2010, 11:04:49
There is no reason in code for this one, the click is passed directly to Orbiter "SendMFDKey" function.
It *seem* to me that someone else had a MFD bug previously, I don't recall if he solved it by
installing on clean install (mean a 3rd party would be in cause) or by any other mean.

As no one reported it since many beta there is probably something specific to your computer.
(Os, drivers, Orbiter install ?)

Can you shake it a bit , disable all module included orbitersound, disable all 3rd MFD etc. etc.
Try with different MFD, left or right, circumstances  etc ?

Also what version do you use exactly Os orbiter etc ?

Thanks

Dan

Windows XP SP3, usually-flaky recent nvidia drivers on a GTX275, old Orbiter 2006P1 install with every kind of weird stuff in it.

The bug happens with the left and right MFDs, also happens with all modules and external MFDs deactivated, in seemingly all
possible circumstances (landed, in flight, etc).

It's very probably my install.

Offline gattico

Reply #21 - 13 January 2010, 12:02:28
No problem for me.  Worked great
tl8roy wrote:

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

Arrow

Short description:

Change to AR02

Severity

CTD

Complete description
Orbiter stops with no message  and no control, Had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit Orbiter

Reproduce bug

Miscellaneous
Was tested in my dirty install

Offline cinder1992

Reply #22 - 13 January 2010, 13:16:54

UCGO BUG

Bug with:

Auto-unpack probe

Short description:

When deploying the probe on the ground, orbiter CTD's.

Severity

CTD

Complete description

Ok, I was on the moon with a auto-deploy probe, and accidently relesed my other probe from arrow whilst making a base, 15
seconds later, orbiter had a hissy fit and CTD'd.

Reproduce bug

Auto-deploy a probe on the ground after deploying from arrow.

Miscallenous

Wonderful addon alltogether, you overdid youself this time dan.

Offline tl8roy

Reply #23 - 13 January 2010, 13:29:18
DanSteph wrote:
tl8roy a écrit:

UCGO BUG
Bug with:
Arrow

Short description:
Change to AR02
Severity
CTD

Can you try with all modules disabled please ?

Dan

Can confirm it could be a module, give me some time and I will find it.

Ok, I think it is Orbiter Sound

This is the first time this has happened in all the betas

Post Edited ( 01-13-10 13:34 )

TL8

"To Learn Programming you need not know the language but how to copy and paste."

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #24 - 13 January 2010, 13:32:37
Tefal a écrit:
The bug happens with the left and right MFDs, also happens with all modules and external MFDs deactivated, in seemingly all
possible circumstances (landed, in flight, etc).
It's very probably my install.

Can you post the orbiter log just after a CTD ?
maybe there is something into it (But I doubt, this look like some internal weird things)

Dan