See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UCGO - Frequently Asked Question  (Read 48634 times)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
05 January 2010, 14:39:30
PROBLEMS:

-LolaMFD cause CTD with cargo release/grapple - Please Disable LolaMFD or upgrade for fixed version:
http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4418

-suborbMFD may cause CTD
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=159176

-FirstPerson cause CTD with key F5 in vehicle - Please Disable FirstPerson Module before F5.
(Or see if there is an updated version)

-Old UMMU compatible vessel cause CTD at UMmu ingress - Launch the patch utility
 located in "Utils/UMmu15AddonPatch.exe"

-Moon base not displayed is due to old base addon designed for Orbiter 2003 that overwrite
 the moon.cfg with an outdated base system.

-black sky and UMmu movment problem see here:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11086&highlight=Black+Sky

-Bump&jump with UMmu or cars with future date (eg 2050)
this is due to an orbiter bug already submited to martin:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/project.php?issueid=200
Solution: set date to 2001.

-Ctrl+Alt+down in Arrow turn screen up-side-down.
Graphic card hotkey have this effect, see you GC hotkey setup.

-XR-2 can't be refuelled by cars.
The XR-2 have a preferences that forbid refuelling from landpad. Edit config to allow refuel.

-Crew transfer issue with UMmu.
Usually due to space or strange characters in vessel's name. ie: avoid "DG  4" or "DG4?" use "DG4"

2012 EDITION PROBLEMS & QUESTIONS:

-Where are the ISS, SHUTTLA and ISRU addons for UCGO ?
They are now integrated in the default installation, you can find their documentation in "Doc/UniversalCarAndCargo/" folder.

Message modifié ( 17-06-2012 01:31 )

Offline ar81

Reply #1 - 03 February 2010, 16:38:47
1.How do you program a probe to land in a certain place?
2.How do you see cargo manifest to see cargo types inside a DGIV?
3.Is there any procedure or checklist to dock with Arrow without colliding with the docking bay? (just for the sake of
realism)
4.Is there a way to switch to EVA without using F3 screen?
5.When you create UMMU, it tells you that it must be renamed.  I am not clear about the structure of the name.

Offline Fox-Terrier

• League of
  • Legend
  • :D
Reply #2 - 03 February 2010, 18:57:34
5 : well,  as an example a name (My_Name) an age (30) a function (Capt; Doc ; etc.) you write it with your keyboard and press
enter when you have finished

1 : you can't. You will have to train hard ;)

3 : :wonder: maybe flying under the bay doors ?

Offline ar81

Reply #3 - 03 February 2010, 19:47:16
3. If you fire RCS upward, you may burn the docking bay.  Doing the docking with inertial forces only looks very difficult
to get the ship inside.  Since docking port is inside and the margin to move is small, it seems a precision maneuver,
even harder than normal docking with ISS.

Offline ASFalcon13

Reply #4 - 22 February 2010, 09:06:36
Alright, I'm running into a problem when trying to transfer crew from the DGIV-2 to the Arrow.  When I attempt to EVA a
crewmember over from the DGIV, the crewmember doesn't appear on the Arrow crewlist, and an invisible UMmu mesh called "UMmuTArrow_Alpha" is spawning at the Arrow's Airlock 1 (near the cargo).  I've attempted to fix the problem by reducing the number of ships in the scenario and disabling all modules except for Orbiter Sound, but no luck.  A clean install didn't help either.  Any idea what might be breaking?  

Thanks for your help folks!

==========

Update: Ok, I figured out what was causing the trouble.  I had named my freighter "Arrow Alpha".  The problem I'm getting is a result of putting a space in the name of the vehicle I'm attempting to transfer to.  I'm guessing that UMmu does something that refers to Arrow_Alpha (replacing the space with an underscore) to process the transfer.  Since there's no vehicle called Arrow_Alpha, the transfer fails, and the ghost UMmu is the result.

I renamed the freighter "ArrowAlpha", and that solved the problem.

Post Edited ( 02-24-10 06:05 )

"There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
- from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams

Offline javichuelas

Reply #5 - 12 April 2010, 23:56:16
I have made a god-knows how long journey to Europa only to find that when I land, the modules don't attach!! :wall: How do you attach the inflatable modules to each other once unpacked on the ground?

Offline Rico van Dijk

Reply #6 - 23 June 2010, 12:09:16

javaichuelas, why would you like to attach the modues? as long as gravity keeps them on the surface :)

I have another issue, I have build my first UCGO base on the patch of land on Europa.

Once I close orbiter and reopen it, the base is all boxed again,

but only the visuals (the light beams are present but the pole is a box, the tent is boxed, but the air is still breathable, the xpdr is still on but the landingpad is boxed ect.

This is a piece of my scenario file, I think that's all good...

---
cCONTR01:UCGO\Cargos\CargoBaseControl
  STATUS Landed Europa
  POS 62.3610880 68.4572730
  HEADING 118.98
  AFCMODE 56
  CargoUnpacked 1
END
cCONNT01:UCGO\Cargos\CargoBaseConnect
  STATUS Landed Europa
  POS 62.3615522 68.4571821
  HEADING 116.45
  AFCMODE 56
  CargoUnpacked 1
END
cMODUL01:UCGO\Cargos\CargoBaseModule
  STATUS Landed Europa
  POS 62.3622606 68.4570587
  HEADING 115.43
  AFCMODE 56
  CargoUnpacked 1
END
---

Any ideas?

Offline arslan

Reply #7 - 05 June 2011, 17:26:27
hey my laptop has no numpad can you make ummu(?) use arrow keys wasd ect.

Offline greyrogue715

Reply #8 - 28 May 2012, 20:23:40
arslan wrote:
hey my laptop has no numpad can you make ummu(?) use arrow keys wasd ect.

Buy a keyboard, they are about ten bucks.

Offline PilotRendevous

Reply #9 - 01 March 2013, 01:42:46
greyrogue715, ive tried it, most of the time a keyboard doesn't work with a laptop:(

Don't Reply, Just fly! (Especially, if you heard my shot, because you weren't the target if you did........ yet!)

Offline PilotRendevous

Reply #10 - 01 March 2013, 01:44:08
Arslan if you can get a joystick, not only is it easier to control ships, but you can also use it to control UMMU:)

Don't Reply, Just fly! (Especially, if you heard my shot, because you weren't the target if you did........ yet!)

Offline Ripley

• My Orbiter section on www.tuttovola.org
Reply #11 - 01 March 2013, 11:15:49
You could get an external USB keypad, something like that:

Post Edited ( 03-14-13 15:08 )

« Last Edit: 01 March 2013, 11:15:49 by Ripley »

Offline Flygome

Reply #12 - 13 October 2016, 19:33:46
Hey,freinds i can a by UGGO in Orbit 2016 and is a problem :doubt: In Orbiter 2010 and beta verrsions is perfect exept 2015 i can help me...... And my MDF is damege Help me plase...   Fuk da problem :badfinger: LOL

Offline ArturX

Reply #13 - 17 November 2016, 20:21:01
Orbiter 2016 + UMmu 3.0 Crash

Good afternoon to all space exploration enthusiasts!

I have the newly installed Orbiter 2016 + DeltaGliderIV-3 + UMmu 3.0 - 2014 edition.
When I evacuate (EVA) the astronaut of the DeltagliderIV and enter the first person of the astronaut, the game crashes. What is going on??

Sorry for my english, Brazilian here.

Offline e.b.19

Reply #14 - 08 January 2017, 13:31:24
hello  --  i have installed  on windows 10  orbiter 2016 + orbiter sound 4 + ucgo 3   all is running but the ucgo3 crashed ever by start a scenery  please help thank you  ??!!

Offline antoo

• Legend
  • MSFS ❤️
Reply #15 - 12 January 2017, 23:29:51
Hi e.b.16 and ArturX, UCGO, DGIV and UMmu are not compatible with Orbiter 2016.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"ET C´EST PARTI!!" Youri Gagarine au lancement de vostok 1 le 12 avril 1961

Offline e.b.19

Reply #16 - 14 January 2017, 02:49:53
Hallo antoo. Thank you for your reply-- thats Orbiter 2016 is not kompatible white ucgo its not so good - so long

Offline StarLost

Reply #17 - 15 January 2017, 04:27:53
e.b.19, be patient. I am sure Dan will update his software quite soon. Orbiter2016 still has some issues (why else would Beta variants still be developed) and I am sure Dan would want Orbiter2016 to be as stable as possible so his own efforts would be more efficient.

In the meantime, work with both versions. 2010 for its stability with Dan's current offerings and 2016 to get used to it for when all of the major addons are updated.

Cheers

Offline ceman

Reply #18 - 16 January 2017, 23:07:41
yeah im just refining play in 2010 i have 2016 installed and have done a few vanilla flights with the dg but just waiting for sound, ucgo, ummu to continue to play on 2016, i have ksp, and 2010 to sate me for now. as well, my swg emu server is doing quite well so been playing a lot of galaxies recently.

Offline McGalcri

Reply #19 - 20 May 2017, 22:37:32
yeah im just refining play in 2010 i have 2016 installed and have done a few vanilla flights with the dg but just waiting for sound, ucgo, ummu to continue to play on 2016, i have ksp, and 2010 to sate me for now. as well, my swg emu server is doing quite well so been playing a lot of galaxies recently.

Yes... Delta Glider IV+UMMU are not compatible with 2016... but at least, orbiter sound works (NOTE: DO NOT TRY TO OPEN THE MP3/sound MFD!!!! it will crash) also... Delta Glider IV works... in atmospheric flights for some minutes only lol

Im new with windows 10 and my orbiter 2010 works really bad, really low FPS... so i will wait till an update for Delta IV+UMMU for orbiter 2016. If any of you know how can I fix my FPS problem in Win10 64bits+DX12... thanks! :D