See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DGIII Feature request  (Read 2047 times)

Offline AndyMan

08 November 2006, 05:29:33
Hey Dan. I know, I am a complete Jerk asking for a feature :p and I probably should have asked way in the past, but
each time I thought of it, I forgot about it as soon as I closed orbiter:

Changing Weight and CG with astronaut removal and consumable... well, consumption.

Say you load the pilot and 1 passenger: Your CG is going to be off to one side more than if you had another
passenger balancing him out on the other side. In addition: One time I wanted to lose weight in orbit so I dumped all
four astronauts to see if that weight reduction had been coded in the DGIII. To my dismay it hadn't, and so I had to
dump fuel.

I also tried, once upon a time, to dump O2 and N2 by pressurizing and depressurizing the airlock over and over. Once
again: Resource depletion, but no weight loss.

Now, to play devils advocate on myself, it may be hard to control the engine angle delicately enough to compensate
for this, so perhaps either an auto-system or vernier controls for the engine gimballing system?

Thanks, one way or another Dan. You rock!

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #1 - 09 November 2006, 02:38:27
It weighs many tons. You would think a few people wouldn't change the CG too much.

-Nick

Offline kizza42

Reply #2 - 09 November 2006, 05:05:03
The easy answer is that its already implemented but because its an automagic system, you don't notice ;)

Kizza

Offline AndyMan

Reply #3 - 13 November 2006, 04:31:56
No but the removal of four people would change the mass by .32 tons if you used the standard 160 lbs per person.

Offline Simonpro

Reply #4 - 14 November 2006, 09:42:29
Aren't the people in the DG all suited up and ready for a spacewalk? If so then the average mass of 85kg will be more
like 140kg ;)

« Last Edit: 14 November 2006, 09:42:29 by Simonpro »
-------------------------------