See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: About DGIII MMU  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Altair

13 May 2004, 14:45:18
Hey Dan... hello man...

It's me Bothering you again.... this time is for asking you about your DGIII MMU,  

1. - wha´s its Size in XYZ Plane, an in orbiter????????
2. - Do you make it in some way that in the future if sombody can implement collition detection in orbiter, the MMU can
pass through DG dock port an enter to the cockpit without hit the DG's surfaces?
3. - Can you provide me the mesh and give me permission to modify it in order to add some moving parts? (please
don't get upset).

i'm in the development of  my own "Atmosferic Multi-purpose Transport Shuttle" (or at least that is what i want to do)  
and want to make my add-on compatible with yours, my first intention is to:

Do EVA from DGIII reach an instance of my vessel an with a remote control operate on-board computer to open the
Personal Transport Bay Doors, then entering to the flight Deck an take control Full control of it.........

I Know it would be harder to code, but when finished i ould be nice.... of course i promise you to give you the right
credit for your work.....

What you say????????????????? :)

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #1 - 13 May 2004, 19:03:27
I'll answer what I can and take question No 2.

I'm almost positive (99.9999999%) that's a limitation of orbiter itself and there's nothing anybody can do until it's
programmed in. sorry, but that's life.

Offline Altair

Reply #2 - 13 May 2004, 20:07:45
Hi freespace2dotcom...

Yeah i know that too,... but that is not what i'm asking for (surely you understand in that way because my english)....

i mean that:

i've created a vessel where the diameter of dock port is bigger than seat's width view from top view... in that way i
ensure that when making the mesh for the MMU will pass through the dock port without hitting any vessel's surface..

actually it doesn't matter because Orbiter do not have collition detection.. but i want to minimize problems in the
future (just a though)....

My ship has fully modeled the fly deck with panel bases and seat, seats for crew (internal crew Deck) and Dock port
Hacth.....

I'm preparing my model for the new Orbiter release using some suppositions like support for free Camera in order to
be able to have 3d cockpit :)

Anyway... Many Thanks 8)

Offline Xian

Reply #3 - 13 May 2004, 22:20:39
I really WANT your vessel :D

Xian

« Last Edit: 14 May 2004, 00:01:37 by Xian »
--

..all your base are belong to us..

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #4 - 14 May 2004, 00:01:37