See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Deorbiting display and surface mfd bug?  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Yeffers

26 April 2003, 01:14:01
I've managed to recreate another bug thats been happening to me lately but it took me a while to
track it down. It seems that if the deorbiting display is showing a reentry angle (i.e. a reentry
angle prediction that is not 0) and then you switch to the surface mfd, this jams the program, but
it only happens sometimes. For example in the scenario I have, if you wait till you are 300k
altitude and switch to surface mfd, it jams the program, but if you quicksave at 300k, then
quickload and switch to surface mfd, the bug doesn't happen.

Anyway, I guess it's a fairly minor bug but it has screwed up a fair few of my landings, and I'm glad
that I've finally tracked it down, as I just wont switch to surface mfd while the deorbiting display is
showing.

Here is the scenario:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/yeffs/SMFD-bug.scn

Offline Yeffers

Reply #1 - 26 April 2003, 01:21:00
Just an update, it also happens if the reentry display (D3) is showing (with a reentry prediction). I
would guess that it has something to do with the calculation of predicted reentry slope.

Offline Yeffers

Reply #2 - 26 April 2003, 01:29:59
Second update, it seems to happen no matter what is showing on the display. The only way to get
past it is to switch to the surface mfd as soon as you have finished using the deorbiting display, or
not to use the surface mfd at all. So for example in the scenario if you switch to cabin life display
(or even reboot using PRO9999)  it still jams if you switch to surface mfd at approximately 300k.
The only way to avert this is to switch to surface MFD right at the start of the scenario, or to quicksave and quickload before you run the surface mfd.

Post Edited (04-26-03 01:31)

micho

Reply #3 - 09 May 2003, 09:13:08
It happened to me when I tried to switch to Surface MFD while flying to the Moon with the Mk4
DeltaGlider. I was approximately 12M from the Earth and haven't used Surface MFD for quite some
time (during take-off was the last time). The screen froze and I had to reset.

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #4 - 09 May 2003, 13:04:44
There is a problem with the surface MFD it seem it is involved
in some "mysterious" crash even with other vessel.
so ??! :wonder:

Dan

« Last Edit: 09 May 2003, 13:04:44 by DanSteph »