See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for a new home for the Shuttle Fleet...  (Read 3414 times)

Offline David413

28 September 2010, 02:13:33
Hello everyone.  I'm going to be moving the Shuttle Fleet, ISS Fleet, etc. from Orbithangar soon, and I'm looking for a new home for the various fleets.  I've been thinking about moving to Avsim, but before I do, I thought I'd check with the end-users to see where they'd like to see me move to.  No promises, but I am open to suggestions.  

Dave

Offline Bibi Uncle

• Legend
Reply #1 - 28 September 2010, 23:35:45
I don't really like AVSIM because we need to have an account. I try to have as less account as I can.

A new personnal site for the Shuttle Fleet would be cool ! :eek:. No, just kidding. Why do you remove it from Orbit Hangar ? It was correct, no ?

Émile

Pluton, Saturne et Jupiter
Entendez-vous monter vers vous le chant de la Terre?

- Luc Plamondon

Offline Pagir

• Legend
Reply #2 - 29 September 2010, 02:48:09
Maybe Dan can host it ?? ;)

Pagir

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #3 - 29 September 2010, 03:35:08
You can have hosting almost for free, as AMSO it would be cool that shuttle fleet
have his own home with a nice and custom page.

Is there some problem with orbithangar, I don't read OF forum lately
I hope nothing bad has come up.

Dan

Offline David413

Reply #4 - 04 October 2010, 23:52:23
DanSteph wrote:

Dan

No, I'm just looking to divorce myself from OF and OH.  I've had some difficulties there and as I'm taking a break from updating the fleet (other than possible expansion pack add-on for the final flights) I'd like to find a new hosting location.

No worries...
Dave

Offline RichWall

Reply #5 - 28 October 2010, 04:38:57
I would encourage using AVSIM as an upload site.

Even though we need to have an account, it seems a small hurdle considering the security, longevity and loyalty they have shown to us, even back to the days when there was no other alternative to the orbiter community.

Dan's point is good. Your own site will give the best prosperity to your own work, and even better if Dr. Martin deems your site worthy of a link to his.

I agree, it's best to not have only one point of distribution. At least it keeps "the burning of books" mentality at bay.

I am sorry to see the old original Orbiter distribution files removed from AVSIM. It is never a good move to limit the distribution pool.

Rich Wall

Message modifié ( 28-10-2010 04:44 )

Offline Mantis

Reply #6 - 12 December 2010, 17:38:46
David413 wrote:
DanSteph wrote:

Dan

No, I'm just looking to divorce myself from OF and OH.  I've had some difficulties there and as I'm taking a break from updating the fleet (other than possible expansion pack add-on for the final flights) I'd like to find a new hosting location.

No worries...
Dave

Hi David,

I'm a longtime fan of your Orbiter Fleet addon and I've followed the various conversations over on OH and I can certainly see why you'd want to make a change.  If you are considering going with your own site, I'd be happy to assist with that.  I am a professional web developer and I'd be willing to donate my time to the cause.  Just send me a PM if you're interested and I'll send you my personal contact info.

« Last Edit: 12 December 2010, 17:38:46 by Mantis »