See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sodom and Gomorrah debate. What could have destroyed it?  (Read 8684 times)

Offline ar81

01 July 2010, 01:27:45
Sodom and Gomorrah were, according to the Bible, two cities which were destroyed by God.

For the sins of their inhabitants Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboim were destroyed by "brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven."[Gen 19:24-25] In Christianity and Islam, their names have become synonymous with impenitent sin, and their fall with a proverbial manifestation of God's wrath. Cf.Jude 1:7, Qur'an(S15)Al-Hijr:72-73.

How do you think they were destroyed?  Asteroid?  Nuke?  Any other?

Post Edited ( 07-01-10 03:13 )

Offline jacquesmomo

• Le budget !!!
  • Legend
  • Plus on rate, plus on a de chances de réussir !..
Reply #1 - 01 July 2010, 23:06:34
Probably due to the minuteman of Papyref ...:)
No,  just Kidding!:fou:
Actually I have no idea.:wonder:

thank you for your softwares for tiles, meshes and bases : they are all "must have"...:wor:

Mes add-ons sont là !

Offline Notebook

Reply #2 - 02 July 2010, 14:18:01
Could have been an asteroid?

nom

N.

Offline Jim Lovell

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • Mon site
Reply #3 - 05 July 2010, 13:46:18
They just spoke about Sodom and Gomorrah in the new episodes of Futurama.. ! ^^

Jim Love:love:LL
C'est en se plantant que l'on construit ses racines....

ConneXion

Offline NASSAC

Reply #4 - 06 July 2010, 21:57:44
Latest research has shown that there was an asteroid at the right time reported by Chinese observers. The latest official studies support an asteroid air burst rained fire down on Sodom & Gomorrah.  Saw it on the History or National Geographic channel about a month ago.  "God rained down fire and brimstone", after all He is the Lord of host!

Anyway I think there is another one coming according to the sixth seal of Revelation 6:12-17, Joel 2-3, and Ezekiel 38-39. It will happen when Gentile armies move against Israel in the latter days.
 The stage is being set for this in the U.N. by Russia and Iran.

NASSAC

NASSAC DIRECTOR
John

Offline Pagir

• Legend
Reply #5 - 06 July 2010, 22:54:00
BTW, where's the Noah's Ark?

:wonder:

Pagir

Offline Schimz

• Legend
Reply #6 - 07 July 2010, 06:48:01

Offline jb42682

Reply #7 - 02 August 2010, 10:48:38
In Genesis 18:2, God sends three men, thought by most commentators to have been angels appearing as men,[1] to Abraham in the plains of Mamre. After the angels received the hospitality of Abraham and Sarah, his wife, God reveals to Abraham that he will investigate Sodom and Gomorrah, because their cry is great, "and because their sin is very grievous."[20:21] In response, Abraham reverently inquires of God if he would spare the city if 50 righteous people were found in it, then 45, then 30, then 20 or even 10, with God affirming he would not destroy it after each request, for the sake of the righteous yet dwelling therein.[2] Two of the angels of God proceed to Sodom and are met by Abraham's righteous nephew Lot, who constrains the angels to lodge with him, and they eat with his family.

People still have a hard time accepting that our "God" is another species from another sol system. I'm not saying there isn't one. I'm just saying that the one the bible speaks of is a Alien! Read about angles in the bible there description pefectly fit that of a being in a spacesuit the best example is in the begging of revelations.

So in conclusion Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed by another species the only one known in human history. They must have been very very bad people. I doubt it was there sexual prefrences it was more likely something they knew our something they had. they had to pose a threat to the alien species or humanity nothing else justifies the total destruction of two cities. And just in case you refuse to open your eyes scientist have found the remains of these cites and evidence of destruction which they can not explain. A volcano is no where near by. a Fire could not destroy two sepreate cities an asteroid is very unlikey. think about it it would have destroyed everything for miles and the destruction is local only to the two cities.

What? I know I had enough fuel when I left. Oh crap!

Offline James.ep3

Reply #8 - 03 August 2010, 08:28:09
I heard that they were invaded and set alight. Not as powerful as an astroid but not less deadily!

Offline Bibi Uncle

• Legend
Reply #9 - 18 September 2010, 15:15:12
Deleted

Message modifié ( 19-09-2010 14:57 )

Émile

Pluton, Saturne et Jupiter
Entendez-vous monter vers vous le chant de la Terre?

- Luc Plamondon

Offline Epicureo

Reply #10 - 22 January 2011, 14:49:03
What a load of...

People, there is not even a piece of evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah ever existed. There is not any trace of volcanic activity or meteorite impacts in the area in historic times. And there is not Chinese observations of meteorites at this time, because the first astronomical records in China are from the 4th century BC, more than 1000 years too late.

Conclusion: you are talking about an ancient folktale, nothing to do with reality.

Offline Fast_toche

• Legend
  • Time is nothing...
Reply #11 - 24 January 2011, 01:38:03
What's the thing :ptdr:

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #12 - 27 January 2011, 20:12:17
Epicureo a écrit:
Conclusion: you are talking about an ancient folktale, nothing to do with reality.

I Agree.

Dan

Offline Bibi Uncle

• Legend
Reply #13 - 28 January 2011, 03:25:11
DanSteph a écrit:
Epicureo a écrit:

I Agree.

Dan

I agree with your agreement :badsmile:.

Émile

Pluton, Saturne et Jupiter
Entendez-vous monter vers vous le chant de la Terre?

- Luc Plamondon

Offline NASSAC

Reply #14 - 06 April 2011, 13:18:48
Sorry Epicuro, but your wrong when you say there is NO evidence for Sodom and Gomorrah, or that there are no traces for Impact or volcanic activity etc. I have been to the area. Have you ever heard of Makhtesh Ramon. It is located just West of the Dead Sea.  And as far as the Chinese  observation the report I saw on the History channel was a NEW discovery that seems to coincide with the biblical data.  The great thing about science is that new information allows us to update our understanding of the world we live in, as long as we keep an open mind and our bias at bay.

Makhtesh Ramon is a geologists´ paradise with fossils, rock formations and volcanic and magmatic phenomenon dating back as much as 220 million years. The Ramon crater began forming when the ocean that covered the desert began to move north. Water and other climatic forces slowly began to flatten the curve on top. Much later, the Arava rift valley was formed and the rivers began to change their flow. As this occurred, it carved out the crater. The crater is about 1,650 feet (500 m.) deep. Some rocks at the bottom of the crater can be dated back 220 million years. A black hill in the north, Giv'at Ga'ash, was once an active volcano. Also, vertical dikes of magnum which squeezed upward through fissures can be seen at various spots through the makhtesh. The lowest spot in the crater, Ein Saharonim, contains its only natural water source. From the visitor´s center, it is possible to get a spectacular panoramic view of the crater.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/vie/Ramon.html

Now there are some who believe that the crater may have in fact been caused by a large meteor bolide taking place that was traveling from West to East which could have rained down fire on Sodom and Gomorrah just as the Bible has recorded. The NEW Chinese discovery of this ancient report seems to collaborate this theory. Stay tuned!    

Looking at the evidence with only one's IQ and no SQ Spiritual Quotient  is like looking at the world with one eye. You have no depth perception. And the fact that the Scriptures tells us about Sodom and Gomorrah IS EVIDENCE that they did exist. FACT: There has never been an archeological discovery that has ever disproved anything in the Scriptures. In fact, archeologist often use the Bible to help them with their research.  I suggest reading Dr. Michael Guillen book. Can a Smart Person Believe in God? But as always I respect ones right to disagree.

« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 13:21:44 by NASSAC »
NASSAC DIRECTOR
John

Offline NASSAC

Reply #15 - 06 April 2011, 13:21:44
Sorry Epicuro, but your wrong when you say there is NO evidence for Sodom and Gomorrah, or that there are no traces for Impact or volcanic activity etc. I have been to the area. Have you ever heard of Makhtesh Ramon. It is located just West of the Dead Sea.  And as far as the Chinese  observation the report I saw on the History channel was a NEW discovery that seems to coincide with the biblical data.  The great thing about science is that new information allows us to update our understanding of the world we live in, as long as we keep an open mind and our bias at bay.

Makhtesh Ramon is a geologists´ paradise with fossils, rock formations and volcanic and magmatic phenomenon dating back as much as 220 million years. The Ramon crater began forming when the ocean that covered the desert began to move north. Water and other climatic forces slowly began to flatten the curve on top. Much later, the Arava rift valley was formed and the rivers began to change their flow. As this occurred, it carved out the crater. The crater is about 1,650 feet (500 m.) deep. Some rocks at the bottom of the crater can be dated back 220 million years. A black hill in the north, Giv'at Ga'ash, was once an active volcano. Also, vertical dikes of magnum which squeezed upward through fissures can be seen at various spots through the makhtesh. The lowest spot in the crater, Ein Saharonim, contains its only natural water source. From the visitor´s center, it is possible to get a spectacular panoramic view of the crater.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/vie/Ramon.html

Now there are some who believe that the crater may have in fact been caused by a large meteor bolide taking place that was traveling from West to East which could have rained down fire on Sodom and Gomorrah just as the Bible has recorded. The NEW Chinese discovery of this ancient report seems to collaborate this theory. Stay tuned!    

Looking at the evidence with only one's IQ and no SQ Spiritual Quotient  is like looking at the world with one eye. You have no depth perception. And the fact that the Scriptures tells us about Sodom and Gomorrah IS EVIDENCE that they did exist. FACT: There has never been an archeological discovery that has ever disproved anything in the Scriptures. In fact, archeologist often use the Bible to help them with their research.  I suggest reading Dr. Michael Guillen book. Can a Smart Person Believe in God? But as always I respect ones right to disagree.

« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 13:21:44 by NASSAC »
NASSAC DIRECTOR
John