See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to install Orbiter fully up to date?  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Beerschot

17 March 2009, 22:29:57
My pc broke down :worry::worry::worry: hard disk f* up+ mother board

but no worry a new one is in progress :)
now i have to download everything again
and i was also again lets say "a little time away from space"  (less time on pc more time on vacation:drunk:)

what should bet the fully package to install so that you have you orbiter fully up to date.
with that i mean orbiter itself ok. but what about all the add ons i really don't remeber all the things i downloaded
so what should be the things i should d/l to be up to date
i know i the delta IV and the sound
but what about the shuttle i believe i had david 413 shuttle fleet is that correct?
but i'm sure there already updates an all of that new stuff to download
so what should be the things to download
and should it be i an order , cause i remeber a topic here where there was some kind of order to install add-ons (first
you should install that and then that,...)
i believe it was something with ISS?
and i remeber some things about certain files ("spaceraft.???" , vinkos spacecraft or something.???)
so if somebody could give me a list with all the things to download and where, i would apreciate that

And maybe it would be a good thing for newcomers so that they are right on the way and not have problems with
add-ons that conflict with another

Tene Quod Bene

it means "Preserving what is good"

Offline Tommy

Reply #1 - 18 March 2009, 00:35:08
Orbit Hanger has most of the "essentials":

IMFD

TransX (there is a newer version than the one included with Orbiter)

AerobrakeMFD

BaseSyncMFD

LaunchMFD or LOLAMFD

Absolute Killrot

Hi-Level planet textures

I also recommend the ZR series vessels from Doug.

Shuttle add-ons get tricky, read all installation instructions carefully to ensure proper order. Note that many of the
Shuttle add-ons use different (more accurate) locations for launch towers and runways at Cape Canaveral, I recommend using a
separate install for Shuttle Fleet, SSU, etc.

Offline Beerschot

Reply #2 - 18 March 2009, 20:08:21
Tommy wrote:
Orbit Hanger has most of the "essentials":
Shuttle add-ons get tricky, read all installation instructions carefully to ensure proper order. Note that many of the
Shuttle add-ons use different (more accurate) locations for launch towers and runways at Cape Canaveral, I
recommend using a
separate install for Shuttle Fleet, SSU, etc.

yeah about that what do you mean with "get tricky"?
i had several problems in the past with shuttles add ons, i remeber. and  i was a little reckless insatlling a few.
When installing i usually gave the authorization to replace a few files i probably shouldnt replace?...

I had a shuttle that launched on a autopilot with an mfd where i had to "item" 777 an it counted down.
And put the shuttle in orbit so i could sit back, relax and watch the view :)
For return i ussually used autofcs. isn't that the david 413 shuttle fleet?

and a seperate install what exactly is that?

So what would be the best add-ons for the shuttle and what shuttle should i use?

Tene Quod Bene

it means "Preserving what is good"

Offline StarLost

Reply #3 - 26 March 2009, 01:17:47
Here's where an old hand can pipe in.  Sometime about three years ago, I remember someone who attempted to make a good
representative collection available, I think as an iso file.  Sorry I can't be more specific ... been a lot of water under
the bridge since then.  Perhaps a query on the "Official" orbiter forum might help.  Barring that, query Simcosmos.  If he
can't remember ... it ain't out there.

There have been enough addons and changes through the years that it really is impossible to release the perfect compendium.
As you have discovered, there are addons that conflict with others.  Sometimes, it is just better to clean everything out,
and download your favourite packages all over again.

Now, if Martin would just port to Linux ...

« Last Edit: 26 March 2009, 01:17:47 by StarLost »