See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any-body use the Saitek X52 "Flight Control System"?  (Read 3989 times)

Offline James.Denholm

17 December 2007, 04:03:59
Ok. I recently decided to begin saving for a Saitek X52 (NOT pro, I don't have money pouring out my ears), and I was
just was wondering if anyone else uses one. I am refering to the Joystick and Throttle combo here. Any gripes? Any
thing you love about it? You get the idea.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, check here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/rebates/B00030GSJY/sr=8-1/qid=1197858479/ref=dp_rebates_1?
ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics&qid=1197858479&sr=8-1

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline Brando14100

Reply #1 - 17 December 2007, 22:17:15
I use it. I love it. It has 15 programable buttons. It has three modes that let it hold 3 different button assignments. It
has suction cups on the bottom so it doesn't slip. It has three time zones. A fire safety button. A timer to time how
long an event has been going on that starts and stops with the push of a button. I keep mine at my computer desk
all the time because I use it every day with Orbiter and all kinds of Microsoft Flight Simulators. It is very much worth
the money. <(^_^)>

Post Edited ( 12-18-07 04:48 )

Mr. Brando, The Turkey

Offline Kadet

Reply #2 - 18 December 2007, 00:22:04
I used to use it on windows xp, but due to a mayor virus in the computer(I have no idea where it came from)it was
destroyed along with IL2 1946 sturmovik and the computer itself. *_*  I can still get to the install program but after
that nothing works.

Offline James.Denholm

Reply #3 - 18 December 2007, 00:24:24
Rats. Just found that it only ships to the 48 main states of the US from Amazon. CURSE YOU, YOU ANTI AUSTRALIAN...
PEOPLE!!!!!

There goes my $60 saving.

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline Tachyon

Reply #4 - 19 December 2007, 04:59:55
Kadet - Hey Kadet, just a small word of encouragment, 99.999999998% of viral or malware infestations can NOT
damage hardware. Your OS can get so horked that it no longer gets much further than the POST process - but format
the drive, re-install the OS and you're good to go. It's a pain in the arse but should be done every 18-24 months.
More if you can't leave the pron alone.

My god - it's full of stars !

Offline Kadet

Reply #5 - 19 December 2007, 23:34:33
Tachyon wrote:
Kadet - Hey Kadet, just a small word of encouragment, 99.999999998% of viral or malware infestations can NOT
damage hardware. Your OS can get so horked that it no longer gets much further than the POST process - but format
the drive, re-install the OS and you're good to go. It's a pain in the arse but should be done every 18-24 months.
More if you can't leave the pron alone.

that would work if my pc was still here.  It was actually multiple viruses which sadly got the remaining
00.000000002%.  I now have the new vista, but the X52 controller gets stuck in the "List the things you want to
install" part of the installation process, as for IL2, well the next button to start installation won't work, thanks for the
info though.

Offline robtek00

Reply #6 - 24 December 2007, 13:33:58
I've got a Saitek X52 and love it. It makes life so much easier when playing flight sim games such as Orbiter and
MSFS. James, have you looked at getting it direct from Saitek if you can't get it through Amazon? It's definitely worth a
look.

Offline Kadet

Reply #7 - 26 December 2007, 02:08:37
Ah man, now that I remembered it, I wanted a Saitek X52Pro Flight Control System for Christmas, but I forgot, CURSE
YOU FORGETFUL BRAIN, WHY CAN'T YOU HELP ME DURING THE HOLIDAYS?!!!(Hits self with a frying pan, knocked
unconsious)

Offline Tachyon

Reply #8 - 28 December 2007, 18:29:09
Kadet wrote
that would work if my pc was still here. It was actually multiple viruses which sadly got the remaining
00.000000002%. I now have the new vista, but the X52 controller gets stuck in the "List the things you want to
install" part of the installation process, as for IL2, well the next button to start installation won't work, thanks for the
info though.
...so what I hear you saying is that since the OS was totally hosed and the PC overall wasn't worth the money to
rebuild the OS - you opted for another, presumably new machine with vista loaded.  I see this kind of "forced"
upgrade often at work - older machine - 2to3 hours to backup data, format HDD, reinstall OS, fully patch OS. Versus a
new Dell (or similar) for a few more dollars... I love being a systems engineer but I can sympathize with being placed
in this kind of position.

Now ... for your Vista install issues. Here are a few things you might want to try.

1) turn off the darn UAC -> control panel, User accounts, Disable User Access Control radio button. (pain in the arse
feature)  :wall:

2) Make sure the account you've logged into windows with is a "administrator" privileged account. *NOT* THE
Administrator account but one you've created and given admin rights to.  (too long to describe - google it - really bad
idea to use the administrator account as your normal login account)

3) Some USB devices are not main stream devices and henceforth not already known to the OS as far as what
the hell they are, require you to first install the devices software *then* plug-in the USB device. This way the driver
will be already loaded so the OS can find it when the USB device is plugged in. If you've reversed these two you may
have to go into the device manager and delete (uninstall) the "unknown device" listed with the yellow !

4) If that install program uses a browser interface (html) make sure you don't have any popup blockers preventing it
advancement (stretch but who knows)

...if I'm telling you stuff that is common knowledge to you - then never mind :). I was just trying to be helpful.  :prof:

My god - it's full of stars !

Offline Kadet

Reply #9 - 29 December 2007, 04:41:20
UHH, sorry but I'm not very good with pc machinery so I don't understand, I'm only guessing that it( refering to my old
pc) got busted with everything that I installed, it took me about a week to ajust everything for pc to run FSX well, it
couldn't take it, so no it's not really common knowledge for me, but you were helpful.

« Last Edit: 29 December 2007, 04:41:21 by Kadet »