See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Official Orbiter forum down (again)  (Read 30206 times)

Offline KVodnik

27 September 2007, 21:54:54
I can't reach the Orbiter M6 forum. Can anyone confirm this?

Offline GXE3

Reply #1 - 27 September 2007, 21:57:57
Hold on, I'll confirm it right now

-GXE3
A 15 year old.
Long Live Java

Offline GXE3

Reply #2 - 27 September 2007, 21:59:39
The site isn't down. I just went on there.
Make sure nothing is going on with your computer

:bug:

-GXE3
A 15 year old.
Long Live Java

Offline KVodnik

Reply #3 - 27 September 2007, 22:29:43
Weird, it won't load for me...all the other sites work fine.

Offline GXE3

Reply #4 - 27 September 2007, 23:08:45
You could go to the orbiter main website and click the link to the forum.
If it doesn't work then... I don't know.
Good luck.

:wonder:

-GXE3
A 15 year old.
Long Live Java

Offline Zatnikitelman

Reply #5 - 28 September 2007, 01:03:08
I'll bet it goes completely down sometime tonight (currently 19:10 local time) as it's starting to get slow and been a
week or two since it wet out.

Offline Ursus

Reply #6 - 28 September 2007, 03:22:32
Zatnikitelman wrote:
I'll bet it goes completely down sometime tonight (currently 19:10 local time) as it's starting to get slow and been a

I was about to say the same thing.

-----
Occasionally-visiting Grumpy Old Bear

Offline Zatnikitelman

Reply #7 - 28 September 2007, 04:59:46
Nothing yet, I forgot that it's only Thusday and not Friday (school holiday tomorrow, threw me off)

Offline Quinn

Reply #8 - 29 September 2007, 02:11:24
Zatnikitelman wrote:

Close. Went down at 8:15.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Offline Orbiter Fan

Reply #9 - 29 September 2007, 02:12:44
Quinn wrote:
Zatnikitelman wrote:

Close. Went down at 8:15.

Still up for me.

Offline Ursus

Reply #10 - 04 October 2007, 02:12:06
Oop... looks like it just went down. [Oh... looks like it was just a little hiccup.]

Post Edited ( 10-04-07 02:18 )

-----
Occasionally-visiting Grumpy Old Bear

Offline tl8roy

Reply #11 - 05 October 2007, 06:28:48

Post Edited ( 10-05-07 06:29 )

TL8

"To Learn Programming you need not know the language but how to copy and paste."

Offline Doug Beachy

Reply #12 - 14 October 2007, 04:22:15
M6 is down yet again...another fine example of their abysmal uptime record...

Offline Tex

Reply #13 - 14 October 2007, 04:41:10
Down for me too.

Most Respectfully,
Tex.

Offline Tex

Reply #14 - 14 October 2007, 04:47:05
I made a test Orbiter forum a while back when these things were happening... I did more work on it, you can see it
here:

http://www.f1racerforums.com/testforum/

What do you guys think? It's strictly a test forum so you wont be able to join, but if I did setup an Orbiter forum this
is how it could look.

Most Respectfully,
Tex.

Offline tl8roy

Reply #15 - 14 October 2007, 04:50:47
Looks better, And more organized too.

I'm assuming it would have a better uptime then the current one.

TL8

"To Learn Programming you need not know the language but how to copy and paste."

Offline Tex

Reply #16 - 14 October 2007, 04:56:34
tl8roy wrote:
Looks better, And more organized too.

I'm assuming it would have a better uptime then the current one.

The host forum its on now "F1RacerForums.com" has been up since Oct last year and was only down once for a few
minutes. No members ever complain that its slow either. I usually always here that its fast. Thats all thanks to the
hosting company I use, siteground.com PLUS the forum software is the best. I have to pay a pretty penny for the
license, but you get what you pay for. A secure and stable forum.

Post Edited ( 10-14-07 04:57 )

Most Respectfully,
Tex.

Offline jarmonik

Reply #17 - 14 October 2007, 06:58:05
It's down again.

The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the
stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding
BEGIN TRANSACTION.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the
origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +862234
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +739110
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader
dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1956
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransactionPreYukon(TransactionRequest
transactionRequest, String transactionName, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction) +607
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransaction(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String
name, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction) +140
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalTransaction.Commit() +184
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlTransaction.Commit() +146
   yaf.DB.GetData(SqlCommand cmd) +569
   yaf.DB.pageload(Object SessionID, Object boardID, Object User, Object IP, Object Location, Object Browser, Object
Platform, Object CategoryID, Object ForumID, Object TopicID, Object MessageID) +379

[ApplicationException: Sql Exception with error number 3902 (Tries=0)]
   yaf.DB.pageload(Object SessionID, Object boardID, Object User, Object IP, Object Location, Object Browser, Object
Platform, Object CategoryID, Object ForumID, Object TopicID, Object MessageID) +692
   yaf.pages.ForumPage.ForumPage_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1476
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean
includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Offline NukeET

Reply #18 - 14 October 2007, 07:55:07
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

We choose to run Oribiter sims, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

Offline tl8roy

Reply #19 - 14 October 2007, 08:14:47
See http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?topic=10718.msg170619#msg170619

And  Missioncmdr post.

Post Edited ( 10-14-07 08:19 )

TL8

Offline willy88

Reply #20 - 14 October 2007, 08:18:29
Why hasn't Martin gotten a better host yet? Does M6 have some sort of straitjacket contract or what?

_________

Offline tl8roy

Reply #21 - 14 October 2007, 08:21:03
willy88 wrote:
Why hasn't Martin gotten a better host yet? Does M6 have some sort of straitjacket contract or what?

no, just duct tape on DG rocket nozzle contract

TL8

Offline Tex

Reply #22 - 18 October 2007, 10:54:43

Hi everyone! I'm pleased to announce the launch of the newest Orbiter community, Orbiter-Forum.com!

Home: http://www.orbiter-forum.com
Forum: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/forum

Orbiter-Forum.com was launched this month using vBulletin setup on servers optimized for vBulletin offering the most
secure and stable environment with which Orbiter users and space flight enthusiasts may discuss and share. When
you visit the site home page you will see the 10 most recent threads in the middle. Under that you'll find news about
some of the latest addon releases for Orbiter which I'll keep updated from various sites. Along the left side you'll find
the site navigate block, forum users online, forum stats, latest poll, and even a calendar. Over time I'll be adding lots
of content and features to the site. Live chat rooms have been setup which forum users can use to chat with other members in real time.

While visiting the site, be sure to check out the second style create 'Mars Theme' which can be selected from a drop down menu on the bottom left footer of the site or by clicking here:http://orbiter-forum.com/forum/index.php?styleid=3

I am already planning to add a Moon theme next, however if anyone has other ideas just let me know, I'd be happy to work with you to make it a better place for all. Another feature already setup is a forum Arcade: http://orbiter-forum.com/forum/arcade.php where members can compete for high score with other forum members at classic games such as pacman, tetris, astroids, and many others.

In conclusion this is a site that will be here for many years, members willing, forever! At the very least give a visit to
the site and see what you think. Obviously being a new forum it's lacking the most important thing....content and
members, but with your help I think we can truely make a great community addition to the Orbiter family! Thanks so
much for your time and I hope to see you on the forums!

Post Edited ( 10-18-07 10:58 )

Most Respectfully,
Tex.

Offline James.Denholm

Reply #23 - 19 October 2007, 04:41:11
It's going to be difficult to get everyone to use this new one instead of the M6 one, cause everyone needs to re
register, and other problems...

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline Tex

Reply #24 - 20 October 2007, 02:38:27
James.Denholm wrote:
It's going to be difficult to get everyone to use this new one instead of the M6 one, cause everyone needs to re
register, and other problems...

It just takes time. Any new forum takes time, more time, and then somemore time before it can be successful.
Without members and content it will be a slow going yes, but given time and the relibility of M6 (its down
again) I think Orbiter-Forum can provide alot to the enitre Orbiter community. As the site grows I hope to even start
hosting addons for Orbiter which you could only get there.

Post Edited ( 10-20-07 02:39 )

Most Respectfully,
Tex.