See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Orbiter Main Forum dead again?  (Read 37043 times)

Offline Marvin

29 January 2007, 21:04:01
Or is it just me? Can everyone else access it?

Server Error in '/' Application.
Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of
the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and
location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server
is not responding.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857482
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +735094
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream,
BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +31
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +62
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
+297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean
returnStream, Boolean async) +886
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean
returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean
returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +122
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +7
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32
maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +141
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand
command, CommandBehavior behavior) +137
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +86
   yaf.DB.GetData(SqlCommand cmd) +433
   yaf.DB.pageload(Object SessionID, Object boardID, Object User, Object IP, Object Location, Object Browser, Object
Platform, Object CategoryID, Object ForumID, Object TopicID, Object MessageID) +379

[ApplicationException: Sql Exception with error number -2 (Tries=0)]
   yaf.DB.pageload(Object SessionID, Object boardID, Object User, Object IP, Object Location, Object Browser, Object
Platform, Object CategoryID, Object ForumID, Object TopicID, Object MessageID) +692
   yaf.pages.ForumPage.ForumPage_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1476
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061
 :grrr:
Huh? Can anyone translate this for me? I tried reloading it about five times with no result. Is it my Browser(Mozilla 1.7.13,
very old)?

----------------------------------------------------------
This is an empty spot.

Offline Doug Beachy

Reply #1 - 29 January 2007, 21:11:43
Same problem here -- the forums are down.

>>>
SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the
server is not responding.
<<<

That means that the Web server sent a request to the database server (such as a query), but the database never
replied.  Could be a hardware problem, or it could be that the database machine or the database process crashed.  

In any case, the forums are D E A D until someone at M6 fixes the problem...  :help:

Offline Marvin

Reply #2 - 29 January 2007, 21:12:55
I tried it on another OS, with the newest firefox - no result
Same with the microsoft internet explorer. :rant:

This is an empty spot.

Offline Marvin

Reply #3 - 29 January 2007, 21:15:57
Doug Beachy wrote:
Same problem here -- the forums are down.

&gt&gt&gt
SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the
server is not responding.
&lt&lt&lt

That means that the Web server sent a request to the database server (such as a query), but the database never
replied.  Could be a hardware problem, or it could be that the database machine or the database process crashed.  

In any case, the forums are D E A D until someone at M6 fixes the problem...  :help:

Thanks for your translation. And just five minutes ago I posted there. :wall: Lots of problems there over the last few
months, what do you say?

This is an empty spot.

Offline Doug Beachy

Reply #4 - 29 January 2007, 21:23:01
Yes, it was frustrating when M6 went down for entire holiday week after Christmas.  Now three weeks later it's down
again.  :bug:

At least we have DanSteph's forum here.  :)

Offline chevalier

Reply #5 - 29 January 2007, 22:10:24
I don't quite understand what the fuss is all about. Main forum went down, so what? It will be up again soon.

You people behave as if your very life was depending on it. IT'S FREEWARE! So is the forum. Remember?

Now go out, take a walk with the dog or stay in and learn Russian or improve your chess skills. :badfinger:

Offline chevalier

Reply #6 - 29 January 2007, 22:33:08
Your toy is working again, you noisy children. ;)

Offline LTD_Grazer

Reply #7 - 31 January 2007, 02:01:53
rofl

Offline Katahu

Reply #8 - 07 February 2007, 00:58:52
I haven't noticed anything wrong in the M6 forums. I guess I just got lucky or maybe I was absent when it happened.

===========
Credentials
===========
Admin of FlightSimGroundVehicles.com
Addon Developer for the Flight Simulator Series

Offline Simonpro

Reply #9 - 09 February 2007, 17:27:30
Lol, and it died again now just as I was about to read a thread. Damn thing ;)

Am I correct in saying that originally M6 offered to host the forums for free as a kind of advertisement for their hosting
abilities? If so then I must say it's probably the worst advert in history. :)

-------------------------------

Offline chevalier

Reply #10 - 09 February 2007, 17:57:07
Simonpro wrote:
..died again now ... Damn thing ;)
it's probably the worst advert in history. :)

Pardon, you're talking like you are paying for your m6 forum? If not, you have no right for complain. :pfff:

Offline Simonpro

Reply #11 - 09 February 2007, 18:28:44
Erm, no I am not talking like I'm paying for it. You just convieniently ignored the line where I said m6 paid for it, try
reading the whole of a post.
Also, I don't recall complaining, it doesn't bother me if the forum goes down - although as with everyone else I'd
prefer it to be up.

Offline chevalier

Reply #12 - 09 February 2007, 18:49:21
Simonpro wrote:
Erm, no I am not talking like I'm paying for it. You just convieniently ignored the line where I said m6 paid for it, try
reading the whole of a post.
Also, I don't recall complaining, it doesn't bother me if the forum goes down - although as with everyone else I'd
prefer it to be up.

Ranting and cursing about main Orbiter forum around here won't be much of use, n'est-ce pas? If it doesn't bother
you, why are you complaining. :doubt: It's no use. Just wait for it to come up againg and register complaints to Martin
Schweiger???

Offline Doug Beachy

Reply #13 - 09 February 2007, 18:53:21
chevalier wrote:
Pardon, you're talking like you are paying for your m6 forum? If not, you have no right for complain. :pfff:

Come now, what's the point of the condescending attitude? :damn:  Some people seem get off on preaching to other
people about how "wrong" they are to be frustrated when their favorite forum keeps going down.   M6 has a great
community, and we enjoy talking about our common interests: Orbiter / space.  So of
course it's frustrating for the forum's members when the forum keeps going down.  It's been going down every few
weeks since Christmas -- something that is unusual for a dedicated hosting provider.  If my Web page's hosting provider
was as unreliable as M6 has been over the past six weeks I'd be shopping for another one by now.  :sage:

Post Edited ( 02-09-07 22:06 )

Offline chevalier

Reply #14 - 09 February 2007, 19:03:04
If you can do better, get your own forum, Doug Beachy and Simonpor.

What about hosting on your server if it is "reliable", Doug Beachy??? Then you pay the web trafic and can be
frustrated and shopping another one.

This is wrong place to complain!

Offline Simonpro

Reply #15 - 09 February 2007, 19:09:17
"If it doesn't bother you then why are you complaining?"
As I've already established, I'm not complaining, therefore you would be incorrect on that point. Also, I can register
complaints to Martin without needing the forum (through a wonderful tool known as 'e-mail') but I won't since:
a) He won't care
b) The forum will be back soon and
c) I can't be bothered.

I also never said I could do better, and why should I do better? The m6 forum has a high user number (well, at least I
think so - I only use 2 forums, this one and m6, so don't have much to base this on), and is generally fast when it's
working. If it's not working then so be it, it isn't the end of the world :p

OK, well I've joined you in being condescending - so perhaps now we can actually do something productive, hmm?

Offline g2g591

Reply #16 - 09 February 2007, 21:04:43
darn why does it have to break right when i actually want to read it.

Offline Doug Beachy

Reply #17 - 09 February 2007, 21:18:13
Does anyone have Radu's email address?  The one I have is bouncing:

'RCC Radu Poenaru' on 02.09.2007 2:46 PM
            550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS

[EDIT] Please PM me so we don't have Radu's actual email address on the public forum :)

Post Edited ( 02-09-07 22:02 )

Offline computerex

Reply #18 - 09 February 2007, 21:27:52
Yeah, M6 breaking down completely ruins my whole schedule for the day. :doubt:

I LOVE the smileys on this forum though!

Offline Katahu

Reply #19 - 09 February 2007, 21:41:37
Guys, quit going at it with each other. It ain't gonna make the forum come back any faster. But if you persist in this
way, I can schedule a duel for you. Guns will be drawn at high noon [tumbleweed passes by].

===========
Credentials
===========
Admin of FlightSimGroundVehicles.com
Addon Developer for the Flight Simulator Series

Offline computerex

Reply #20 - 10 February 2007, 00:33:47
And we are back!8)

Offline Marvin

Reply #21 - 10 February 2007, 09:03:03
chevalier wrote:
... noisy children...

:wonder::siffle::ptdr:

This is an empty spot.

Offline Simonpro

Reply #22 - 10 February 2007, 11:55:55
Katahu wrote:
But if you persist in this way, I can schedule a duel for you. Guns will be drawn at high noon [tumbleweed passes by].

You can try, but it'd have to be a proper duel with swords - guns are just too easy.

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #23 - 16 March 2007, 14:56:06
Is it dead again? Is it my wacky computer again? Is it just taking awhile to load?

-Nick

Offline apollo13

Reply #24 - 16 March 2007, 15:30:10
No Its Orbiter Forums Is Dead.Its Not The Computer.

Apollo13
"Um,Houston We've Had A Problem"