See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Orbiter Solar Nations V  (Read 89489 times)

Offline Xianus

Reply #50 - 27 February 2006, 17:24:19
As the missiles were fired, nothing could stop them. They hit the surface, one after another. From the windows of the
last D-class cruiser on orbit it looked horrible. All of the RRC bases were destroyed. No one could survive that attack...

- NO!!! - xianus rapidly got up and looked around. He saw the tiny cabin of the SF "Ghost", and the Arrento star
behind the cockpit window. After a while he noticed what woke him up: one of the consoles was blinking. It was the
comm console, and one of the icons was signalising an incoming message. "What the hell?" - thought the chancellor.
He opened the message. It contained one word: "Simon", and some coordinates. They looked a bit like the ones sent
a few hours earlier by Xianus.
- Computer! Locate those coordinates on the system map.
This voice software was really helpful. After a few seconds the main monitor showed the system map with the
coordinates. They were positioned very close to the current position of "Ghost".  
- Computer! Send blind radio signal. Same frequency.
Like before, the signal was weakened in one place.
- Locate the signal loss on the map!
- Match found! - said the onboard computer. It was the coordinates from the message.
"OK, Simon, i don't know who or what are you, but at least i know where are you now. Simon. I know that name...
Yeah, i've almost forgotten where i am now. Lets see what's there."
- Computer! Show these coordinates on the HUD and calculate the interception burn.
The ship slowly started to manevrouer towards the desired coordinates. The chancellor sent another message:
---  
Xianus to Simon.
I came from SOL, coordinates 5748-235857-291127-836978-237966-1235, this galaxy. I am following the
coordinates found on the unknown ship. I have no hostile intentions, my vessel is unarmed. Please respond.
---

"The aliens speak english, or i'm going crazy. I think the second one is more possible. Simon... i know i've heard that
before..."

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #51 - 27 February 2006, 18:35:47
Upon recieving the reply from the strange ship, Simon instinctively stows the radiator and antenna, then plots a course
closer to the edge of the system, yet, remaining clear of celestial objects and their SOIs.

*anxious minutes pass as the AE-35 stows*

Power to nonessential lighting is cut and only the softest of lighting remains.

Power routing from/to the system powered by the 10th breaker (as yet unused) is routed away from the nonfunctional bank of
Type 26 capacitors to the ship's main bank of Type 24's. This power is also regulated to prevent the system from blowing the
capacitors. A similar modification is made to the JumpDrive as well.

The ship is reoriented to face the direction his guest is expected to arrive from, some small adjustments to his jump course
are made (distance mostly).

With some time remaining before his guest is due, he flips open the guard on Breaker 10, then charges the capacitors. As the
capacitors charge, he calls up a rarely used program in the ship's computer.

After the capacitors are charged he flips the switch to Breaker 10, powering the system. With this he prepares to greet his
guest.
---
Simon to Xianus
I also come from SOL (insert coords for SOL, then SOL-4). Be warned, I've heard too many pirates say they mean no harm and
are unarmed. I will not fire unless provoked though. (approach instructions are given, they maximize safety for both vessels
involved)

Offline Xianus

Reply #52 - 27 February 2006, 19:42:06
"What?! A martian ship here? What is going on?"
- Computer! Scanners at full range. Report any sign of activity in space.

---
Xianus to Simon.
OK, now when i know you are from SOL i can speak freely. Let me introduce: chancellor Xianus, Rhea Research
Corporation. I don't know how long you are here, so i suppose you don't know about the most recent facts. The SOL
is in great danger now. We've been attacked by an alien rece calling themselves "Empire of Centurian Planets and
Systems". I am here because i have proven informations that there is an alien artifact hidden somewhere in this
system. This ship was also constructed using that techlology. I have three major questions for you, Simon: Who are
you, how did you managed to get here, and why? I must warn you: my radio sometimes don't work correctly. I
suggest we should meet in one ship. I have deactivated the stealth systems; you are now able to target me and
dock. If you will try to attack, i will flee. Believe me, this ship is way more faster than yours.
---

- Computer!  Deactivate stealth systems and prepare the beam drive.

Xianus looked at the cockpit window. The space was absolutely empty. Only the stars were blinking.

Offline GW_Simulations

Reply #53 - 27 February 2006, 21:28:51
We have detected a wormhole opening just outside the Oort cloud. All ships are advised to avoid this area, and we
are preparing a team to investigate it.

The ECPS Planetry Destroyer is still reading inbound on SOL-3. It will arrive in two days, and then it will take a further
7 to activate it's weaponary.

O/T: Xianus, many aliens are capable of telepathically imitating languages that the being they are talking to can
speak: - This is how I am able to communicate with you.

GW_Simulations.
Supreme Commander - UFMP.

(Thanks to http://imageshack.us for Free Image Hosting)

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #54 - 27 February 2006, 21:35:01
Having recieved the latest signal, Simon deploys the AE-35, the targeting reticule is centered properly to hit the vessel
should it assume an aggressive stance. He doesn't know how much damage his weapons will do should they be needed (especially
since they are running at reduced power levels), but he is ready to use them, should it become neccessary.

*the AE-35 is finally deployed*

Simon begins scanning the vessel in earnest, searching mostly for weapons systems, though anything that could be used as a
weapon is also important.

He also turns on the Strobe lights and deploys the radiator. Along with this, two sets of bay doors open on the bottom side
of each wing, revealing a barrel of some sort inside each bay.

*anxious minutes later, the scan finishes, no weapons systems are found, and although that beam drive could be dangerous if
used in a ramming manouver (effects of tachyon beams unknown), but sich a manouver would likely destroy or severely damage
both vessels*

With the results of the scan in, Simon flips off the weapons system, the barrels sliding back into the hull with the bay
doors closing neatly over them. The targeting system is also shut down. The breaker for the JumpDrive is engaged, and the
JumpDrive is powered. Though idle, it can be activated with but one keypress and it will follow the previously plotted course.

He begins manouvering to find the docking port, hoping that it is compatible with his.

---
Simon to Xianus
I am Simon Monroe, owner/operator of Simon Monroe's Transport Company and Captain of the SS Terpathia. I have just scanned
your vessel, and it has passed. You either have no weapons, or are hiding them very well. I am now manouvering to dock. Let
us hope that our docking ports are compatible. Which ship would you prefer to meet on?

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #55 - 27 February 2006, 22:42:50
Two battleships were facing each others in grid A-87. One of them had mercurian markings, and the other looked like
a ECPS ship. But none were shooting. A small shuttle left the mercurian ship and docked on the ECPS battlecruiser.

oli: Greetings commander
Commander: welcome on our ship, general.
oli: so, are we to discuss this treaty?
Commander: With pleasure, if you will accompany me to the briefing room.

The general followed the alien to a dark room.

oli:as you know, the mercurian empire was erradicated by you and the mercurian rebels. We only have 3 million
people still alive. But, we have hopes. Our scientists have been building a colony ship that could be used to settle on
a new planet. This ship is even equipped with terraforming technology, in case the planet found isn't on human
standards. but we still have a problem, we can't get there...

Commander: We have technology to travel 1c/day, so we can bring you anywhere you want. but...
oli: but?
Commander: Your battleships were more than a match to my fleet, our weapons cant seem to damage your
monsters...
oli:I understand... we've got a prototype of shield in the ship, should I have it delivered?
Commander: Well, if you'Re offering it...

The shuttle undocked the ECPS ship, and, after 10 minutes, was loaded in the Frigate's cargo bay. The ship then
headed to the asteroid field to a secret base.

Offline Xianus

Reply #56 - 28 February 2006, 15:26:31
---
Xianus to Simon
I knew i've heard your name before. Great to see you here. I don't know how much free space have you got in your
vessel, but it is certainly much more than in mine. Almost all space is filed with containers (i've planned to stay here
for a few months if needed). Im opening the docking hatch. Docking port type C9, same as in the DG class ships.
---

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #57 - 28 February 2006, 19:59:52
Simon looks around after recieving the message and thinks to himself, "Hmm...space...what space?"

He begins rearranging things as best he can, although, there's not much he can do as there really isn't much dead space
onboard...

*hours later*

He just barely managed to make enough space for another person onboard...no seat, but there's room for someone to float
(gotta love 0 G) at least.

Simon powers the airlock system and opens the forward nosecone, then manouvers in for the dock.

Coming in slowly, but surely Simon docks the vessels together so neatly that the only indication the two are together is the
sound of the clamps engaging.

With that, he checks to make certain there is a positive seal, and that there is breathable air on the other side. Once the
checks are omplete, he opens the hatch and prepares to greet his visitor.

---
Simon to Xianus
I have completed the docking manouver and juist barely come up with enough room for the two of us to speak. It won't be
terribly comfortable, but it will have to do. I too was going on a long journey, far farther than I've ever traveled before.
I packed accordingly.

Offline Xianus

Reply #58 - 01 March 2006, 17:46:11
Xianus walks to the back cabin (with some trouble due to the containers blocking the way), checks the pressure and
opens the inner hatch. In the airlock he is welcomed by a man in the martian uniform. The other vessel looks like
some sort of a modified DG. There is only enough space for two people, but it is still way more comfortable than the
tiny narrow interior of the Ghost.
- Good to see you, Simon. At first, i suggest you should look at these informations.

*Xianus gives Simon the data disk*

- I've been scanning the second planet for some time. I am very suprised; it seems it is almost ideal for humans.
Oxygen at about 23%, same atmospheric pressure, gravity at about 9.5 m/ss. You will find more details on the disk.
Look, as you already know, i am looking for an alien artifact here. I am absolutely certain it is hidden somewhere in
this system. I've got only one problem: my scanners were also damaged in the collision some time ago. They work
great in all ranges, but they are not able to properly recognise anything. Unfortunately i don't have some missing
parts. Look at this one:

*Xianus shows a small, tubular object, completly burnt on one side *

Its a standard signal converter. Im sure you have a spare one. I would be grateful if you could help. Without it my
scanners are useless. OK, now please tell me, what are you doing in this forgotten part of galaxy? You don't wanna
tell me you're just a tourist, do you?

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #59 - 01 March 2006, 19:38:35
OOC: It should be noted Simon doesn't wear a uniform...the clothing is somewhat similar to Han Solo's, or many of the other
lone ship captains you've seen in TV and movies. It's not a uniform, but standard civillian garb that is suited to his
profession (i.e. sturdy and damage/stain resistant...yet it has a few stains...). In this case martian civillian clothing,
slightly stained but this does not detract from the looks, it actually adds to them (showing that he's not afraid to get
dirty to get the job done).

IC:
After welcoming his guest aboard, being handed a disk, and shown a burnt out signal converter he actually has a chance to speak.

"I might have already located the ship you seek as I recently scanned this system. As I'm unfamilliar with the configuration
of the ship you seek, I'll let you look through the scan logs I have for this system. I do have a few of those signal
converters as I packed several spare parts in addition to supplies. Unfortunately I was unable to bring along any capacitors
and that is the one thing I desperately need right now.

As you know, I travel alot and am not always completely up to date on the news. I'd been hearing that there was a war with
the Asteriod Belt Confederatio, and decided to return to Mars, pack my bags, and find a safer system to dwell in. Once packed
up IK left Mars, plotted a course for a solar orbit that intersected no major SOIs (except SOL itself) and proceeded to plot
and execute a jump course. Unfortunately, when executing, the bank of Type 26 capacitors that is used by the ship's JumpDrive
overloaded and exploded. Thankfully they also discharged at the same instand, thus the explosion was rather small, otherwise
we would not be here having this discussion... The net effect was to throw me wildly off course. I ended up entering this
system at ~3-3.5c on a collision course with your vessel. It was only my training and experience as a pilot that allowed me
to plot and execute a short hop using only the power the ship was generating to bring me to a relative stop near your vessel.
At that point I attempted to identify it by looking for visual markings...to no avail. Then you attempted communication. I
attempted to reply, but had to fix my transmitter. So ship repairs commenced. All systems are fully functional, even the
JumpDrive. Though it has limited range at the moment due to the lack of the major capacitor bank it was routed to. Perhaps we
could exchange information and spare parts (such as the scan logs I took, the data of the planet you took, the signal
converter for you, and some capacitors for me)?"

Offline Xianus

Reply #60 - 01 March 2006, 22:24:37
- Well, i think i will have the parts you need. Wait for a minute.

Xianus goes out through the airlock, and after a minute returns with a small metal box.

- Type 26 capacitors wasn't produced for a long time. Maybe i will have a few of them here. If not, you should try the
Type 51A and 51C, they use the same slot. I've been using them when i was fixing my old DG mk4, so im pretty sure
they will fit. Look here...

He opens the box and shows its contents to Simon. The box is filled with capacitors, dimmers, microchips, and many
other electronic parts.

- Forgive me this little mess here, but this can't be avoided when you want to take everything with you. I'm sure you
will find the needed parts here. OK, now i am very curious about the converter and scanning results.

Xianus looks questioningly at Simon and waits for answer...

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #61 - 01 March 2006, 22:29:53
oli: Status?
Officer:Drive ready and installed
Technician: Sir, the aliens have given us coordinates to a star system where they dectected an habitable planet for
us.
oli:good, engage drive, destionation :453553.33 by 6522.45 by 6653.764.
Officer: Engineers report drive is fully charged
oli: Jump!

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #62 - 02 March 2006, 01:33:40
"Just one moment."

Simon hits a few keys, and the sensor logs are downloaded onto a disk. He reaches into a cabinet and pulls out a converter exaclty like the one Xianus needs. After waiting a moment for the download to finish, he hands over the disk and the converter, taking only the capacitors out of the box Xianus offered (and of those capacitors, only the ones that will fit in the slots).

"If you need anything more I will be listening on Channel 3, though I may not reply right away. Now, was there anything more before we part?"

Post Edited ( 03-02-06 15:23 )

Offline Xianus

Reply #63 - 02 March 2006, 17:20:35
- Thank you so much for your help, Simon. I would certainly stay longer, but i don't have time. I am very sorry, but i
have to leave you now. I have a job to do. Without the alien ship my mission is nothing but loss of precious time. I
will also check channel 3 from time to time. I hope we will be able to meet again one day.

Xianus leaves the DG and closes both doors. Shortly after the air from the airlock is pumped out. Next, the docking
clamps are relased, and the vessels are separated. The Ghost changes its azimuth and starts to accelerate.
- Undocking complete. - says the onboard computer.

Xianus enters the cockpit and inserts the disk to main console.
- Computer! Import those data and analyse them.
- Analizing data...
OK, i have some time... lets fix those scanners.

10 minutes later...
- Analysis complete.
- Damn... faster than i supposed. I need a few more minutes with those scanners...

10 minutes later...

- OK, i think it is fixed now. Computer! Perform local scan.
- Done.
- Computer! Perform precise scan, range 100km.
- System malfunction.
- Damn it, back to the beginning...

30 minutes later...

- OK, everything finally works like it should. Computer! Show analysis results.
- Found 14275 possible matches.
- Hmm... it won't be that easy. Computer! Locate those objects on the system map.

Many of these objects were placed in a various distance from third planet.

- Those strange rocks i've scanned earlier... They seem to have a similar structure to the plating from the
wreck. Computer! Eliminate objects marked previously in the database.
- Found 156 possible matches.

Still, many of the matches were placed in third planet's orbit. The few others were located in the outer asteroid belt.
- Computer! Perform full scan of all of those objects placed in the outer belt.
- Scanning complete.

The results are showed in the main monitor. Unfortunately all of these objects are just strange asteroides with their
size varying from 50 meters to a few kilometers.
- Computer! Perform full scan of all the matches.
- Scanning not possible. Interferences detected.
- Damn. Firstly the failure, and now those interferences... I will have to examine that area from the closer distance...
Computer! Put the ship on the high orbit over the third planet.

Soon the manevrouer engines are on and the ship starts to accelerate towards the third planet.

---
Xianus to Simon
I will have to scan the area of that planet from the closer distance. You can find me there. Again, thanks for your help.
---

Post Edited ( 03-02-06 17:22 )

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #64 - 02 March 2006, 22:32:44
[console exploding]
Officer:Hull breach on deck D!!
oli:evacuate the civilians on this deck and seal it. Helm, what's our ETA?
Helm: 1 minute sir!
oli:Prepare to de[console explodes]... Prepare to decelerate!

56 sec later...

Helm: ETA 0!
oli:all stop!
Officer: reversing engines!
Helm: reading full stop sir!
oli: Scan the system
Officer:Scanning...[console explodes]damn it! Sensors are offline sir, Ive just got a few dot here and there. It looks
like there were two docked ships sir, but one moved away. I can'T seem to find both now...
oli:and the planet?
Helm: Right in front of us sir, you have it on screen... now.
oli:That's good, send a survey patrol, and repair these sensors, I want to know if we're not alone here...

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #65 - 02 March 2006, 23:49:37
After his guest left, Simon closes the hatches, then powers down the airlock system. The radiator is stowed as is the AE-35.

Simon eagerly replaces the useless capacitors with the new ones. Overall, the systems that use them are now able to channel
342.672x the power they were able to before thanks to the increased capacity gained by using newer capacitors.

A few hours later, he has finished rerouting the JumpDrive and weapons systems back into the correct capacitor bank.

With this complete, he begins preparations for a jump to the edge of the system, in an effort to gain his bearings for the
trip to his intended destination.

OOC: Note, the ship is now in stealth mode and, as no engines or RCS are in use, there is no detectable thermal signature.

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #66 - 03 March 2006, 03:44:33
With the preparations completed, Simon engages the JumpDrive, his vessel instantly appears at the requested destination.

He immediately sets his navigation computer to work (passive mode only) in identifying current position based on local stars
and known stars. Knowing that this could take days, Simon elects to get some sleep, setting alarms to wake him up in case
another vessel is detected in proximity to (or on an intercept/collision course with) his vessel. Currently, only passive
sensors are in use.

*the scene fades as Simon goes to sleep*

Offline Xianus

Reply #67 - 03 March 2006, 15:55:50
Xianus was sleeping, and the Ghost was enroute to the third planet when it happened.
WARNING! NEW CONTACT DETECTED!
Many monitors in the ship were showing this text, and the computer's voice was also repeating it. When Xianus
finally woke up, he came to the cockpit and saw the complete report about the detected vessel. It was heading to
the second planet. Scanning reported that the ship was the property of the ME.

- Please someone wake me up... when i arrived here this system was so quiet, and now it seems that after a month
it will be full of newcommers. But how did they manage to get here so fast? Who knows, maybe they had left before
me...

--- TRANSMISSION TO THE ME VESSEL ---
In the name of the RRC i welcome you in the Arrento system. This is SF "GHOST", RRC long range experimental scout
ship. I have some informations about this system that you can find very useful. Before i will send them to you though,
you must tell me who exactly you are, and what is your mission here. Now i can only say one thing - don't ever try to
get close to the third planet, the gas giant. It emits some kind of interference that can be lethal to your electronical
systems. Respond on the open channel.
--- END OF TRANSMISSION ---

- Computer! Perform precise scan, full range.
- Scanning not possible. Interferences detected.
- Hmm... still too far to scan anything. I have to get closer to the gas giant. Computer! Activate all stealth systems.
"At least they will not find me."

Post Edited ( 03-03-06 16:53 )

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #68 - 03 March 2006, 19:43:41
Simon wakes up with a start and bangs his head on something as the alarm goes off. After uttering a few choice curses, he
checks to see what all the commotion is.

According to the passive sensors, a vessel just entered the system, and its course will bring it within 30km of his present
position. The transmission from Xianus has also been recorded.

"Where did these people come from..." The answer was obvious...SOL

Simon immediately begins attempting to plot their trajectory to determie where they came from, hopefully it will lead him
back to SOL.

Then Simon plots for the last known location of the SF Ghost, with a predictive adjustment to end up where the SF Ghost went
after their last encounter. The capacitors are charged (both generators this time) in a moment and the JumpDrive is engaged.

In the end, Simon and his vessel appear only 3 km from the SF Ghost (on the same trajectory, and with no RVel immediately
after jump), however, the passive scanners cannot pick it up, mostly due to interference (or so Simon thinks).

"Where is he? He said he'd be around here somewhere. Did I plot for the wrong spot? Did I pick the wrong area to go to? Maybe
he chose to go there instead (*pointing at a map of the system*)... But his trajectory and velocity indicated he should be
right around here somewhere..."

Simon begins carefully manouvering his ship, using RCS only to effect a visual search.

Offline GW_Simulations

Reply #69 - 03 March 2006, 20:16:01
We have intercepted another transmission, between two ECPS command ships:

(1) The Planetry Destroyer is in place.
(2) Good. SOL-1 is under our control, and we will be invading SOL-8 shortly.
(1) We have captured a forcefield prototype, we traded it with the natives for a faulty neutron drive.
(2) Ha, what sort of fault?
(1) Lets just say that it's programmed to overload if they go much further than Arrento.
(2) I suppose they wanted us to help them.
(1) Yes, they'll never learn that we want them DEAD.
(2) With the forcefield, we can hold off any attacks.
(1) It isn't working yet, but we should soon have it working.
(2) When do you want SOL-3 to go bang?
(1) Give them a few weeks to surrender, then wipe them out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The probing of the wormhole seems to indicate that it is a class-3 2-way void, we are considering sending a ship to
investigate.

GW_Simulations.
Supreme Commander - UFMP.

(Thanks to http://imageshack.us for Free Image Hosting)

Offline Xianus

Reply #70 - 03 March 2006, 22:20:13
Xianus was sitting in the cockpit, when he saw a few blinks behind the front window. Then he recognised the Simon's
vessel in the close proximity. Those blinks were probably the RCS thrusters. He cartainly wanted something, but he
couldn't find the Ghost because the stealth systems were turned on.
- Computer! Prepare low range transmission. Channel 3.

---
Xianus to Simon
I've noticed your ship in close proximity, so i guess you need something from me. I've turned on the stealth mode,
because I don't want those ME guys to notice my presence, so you can't see me on the scanners. Contact me on
channel 3, but remember to reduce the range to minimum.
---

- OK, I think im close enough now. Computer! Perform precise scan, full range.
- Scanning in progress...
- Great... OK, i think it will take some time. Lets get some sleep. Tomorrow i will have a lot of work.

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #71 - 04 March 2006, 00:40:02
After recieving the tranmission from Xianus, Simon hits a few keys, reducing the power of his own transmitter, and switching
it to directional mode. The transmitter is then aimed in the direction Xianus' last transmission.

---
Tight beam, low power transmission to SF Ghost

Any idea who the newcomers are and what they're doing here? I was planning to resume my journey after determining my position
to the center of the galaxy. Would you like me to stick around in system for a bit incase they turn hostile?

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #72 - 04 March 2006, 08:21:12
oli:Damn it, what the hell are the RRC doing here??? Scan the area, do anything you want, but find them. Send
shuttles to survey the second planet, and send another one to the gas giant. Be sure the ships are well armed... just
in case. You have orders not to fire first. If ever you find a ship, contact me and wait for orders to use EMP...

officer: aye sir...

Offline Xianus

Reply #73 - 04 March 2006, 11:19:13
-Computer! Low range transmission. Channel 3.

---
Xianus to Simon.
My scanning revealed that they are ME ships. Considering the size of the ship, it's likely to be a battleship or a
colonisation vessel. I don't know their intentions, but they haven't responded upon my transmission, so they are
considered hostile. I've noticed many small ships flying in various directions. I suppose they are searching for me. Be
aware, that they don't know exactly who i am, and how my ship look like, so it is possible that they will try to
intercept you as well. Look, before you will leave, i must ask you to help me. I must find that artifact, and no one else
should know about it. Please, stay with me. I need some protection, and my ship is totally weaponless. I will now try
to buy us some time. When you will recieve my next message you will know what i mean.
---

- Computer! Another transmission. Full range.
After disabling the signal amplifier, and turning off the comm device in the last part, the message looked like this:

---
This is SF Gh_st on em_rgency chan_el. Int_rfe_ences are l_thal to the elec_ronics. My ves_el c_mplet_y de_tr_yed.
Don't go t_ th_ third pla_et. You mus_ not...

- signal source destroyed -
---

- OK, finally i can start my work here... Computer, show me the precise scan results.
- 16 possible matches found.
- At least we've got something. Lets see... still all of them seem to be those strange rocks. I will have to peform visual
scan of every single one of them. At least there are only 16 that are really interesting. It shouldn't take much time...

Suddenly a very strange thing happened. The local interferences rapidly increased. The whole vessel started to
shake. The same thing happened to the Simon's DG, and to all of the ME ships in the whole system. After a second or
two the interferences have returned to normal level.

- Computer! System diagnostis!

The main monitor showed the state of all major systems. Hopefully nothing was damaged.

- Computer! Locate the source of this interferences. Point it on the system map.

Within a blink of an eye the computer showed the coordinates. They were perfectly matching... the current Ghost
location!

- What? Thats simply impossible! Computer! Retry previous search.

Again, it showed the position of the Ghost.

- What the hell is going on... Computer! Low range transmission. Channel 3.

---
Xianus to Simon.
Have it happened to your ship too? I don't have any idea what could it be. Whenever i try to localize the source, the
computer is showing my position. Any ideas?
---

- Computer! Plot a course to the closest matching asteroid. I need to find the artifact soon. God knows what will
happen next.

OOC:
One explanation is needed here:
The interferences are impossible to locate. Whenever whey are tracked, their source appears at the location of the
ship trying to track them. Their source is not known, at least now.
Also, my ship is currently in stealth mode, so the only way to localize it is visual contact. Due to the size of the
system, it is almost impossible.

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #74 - 04 March 2006, 12:25:06
Simon awoke to alarms again. This time there was interference of some kind that was interfering with the passive sensors.
Also  there was a response from Xianus.

With the information recieved from Xianus, Simon decided it might be wise to keep the capacitor bank charged to 80% at all
times. Charging to higher levels would be done only as needed.

As for the interference, there was no real effect other than the vessel shaking a little. Whether this is due to the
construction/materials of Simon's vessel, or other factors is unknown.

---
Low power, tight beam transmission to Xianus
   I could possibly assist you in your search, however, I can really only do so passively. If you could give me some idea as
to what I should be looking for and where I can get some passive and visual scanning done fairly quickly. I suggest we close
to within a few meters of eachother and turn down the power on our transmitters far enough that our transmissions won't carry
so far that they might be overheard...
   I've been monitoring their actvivity and analyzing it. They may have detected us when we were docked, but are likely
searching for you as you're the only one who transmitted. I want to use that to my advantage and thus, will not reveal my
position intentionally. Now's the time I really wish I had some stealthier engines/RCS...
   If you come under fire, do your best to remain alive. I should be able to effect a rescue as soon as the prosecuting
vessel leaves the area. As I'm uncertain of the fighting capabilities of their ships I do not want to engage them unless
absolutely neccessary.
   With the new capacitors I should be able to get to and from SOL with ease from here. If you need me to relay a message to
your people I can do that as well, provided I can figure out where in the galaxy I am...
   I did experience a little shaking and interference with my sensors a momkent ago, however there was no damage to my ship
or its systems. I think I know why this is, but I won't go into detail over a channel that could be monitored...however
difficult it may be to do so...

*a beep is heard*

Oh crap, there is a small ship headed this way. It's not on a direct intercept course, but it should pass within 150km.
Time to keep quiet and hope you can blend in... I'll jump on out to the edge of the system until it passes and jump back
afterwards. Simon out.
---
With the transmission ended, Simon plots for the edge of the system, away from the other ME ships and engages the JumpDrive.
Afterwards, he carefully monitors as much activity as he can detect passively from that position.

Post Edited ( 03-04-06 23:16 )