See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [closed] Orbiter Solar Nations III (see OSN IV thread)  (Read 39224 times)

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #50 - 19 April 2005, 02:56:06
Monday, 20:23, Earth Time, New Washington, Mercury
somewhere in a laboratory...

-I am sure of it, if we modify the proton variable, the quantum matrix will not destabilise,
and we will get our hyprspace vortex stable.

-It's not going to work...

The second one enters the data in the computer, and take a confortable stance.

-It'S going to take some time, you want something to eat?

-Didn't you say you stopped that junk food? it'S not good for...

The computer starts making strange noises.

"Oh my god, we did it!!!

-We are going to win a nobel prize!!!

-We are going to be rich!!!

-Partner, we did it! We just found how to go travel one light year/minute!

Everything explode, the two scientists die on the shock, and all data is destroyed.
orbit
seconds after the incident. Mercurian fleet is on full alert, and all weapons are locked
on venusian bases based on mercury. Commander oli_chose123 will make an apparition on MCN in five minutes.
This could mean war for mercury and venus...

The commander appeared on all mercurian screens, looking tired.
"To all mercurian citizens, our search indicate that the venusians are responsible,
and will suffer the consequences. We are asking all nations' support to help resolve this problem.
for now, all venusians are asked to leave, or will be executed. transports are waiting
in hangar 4, 5 and 9 at the Mercurian Main Spaceport. We hope we will survive this,
because war is inevitable. We are supported by KBF, who will put their fleet at our disposition.
Good luck citizens. We are still there to protect you."

[WITH STATIC] TRANSMISSION'S END

Post Edited ( 04-19-05 15:47 )

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #51 - 19 April 2005, 08:51:48
Venus had nothing to do with any of that.

In fact, all of our convoys have already departed, and we're fully busy restoring Venus after the mysterious attack we
suffered through.

We don't have time to bother in other's business, nor would we want to.

Be warned, any attack on Venusian installations will result in our reducing mercury to the smallest planet in the solar
system. We aren't interested in a war, but now that we've got our full defense force orbiting one planet, instead of
divided amongst 2, We're ready for any challenge some warmongering newcomer might throw at us.

Our salvaging operation was also very successful,  my flagship, the carrier/battleship Yamato, has been recovered
and is currently being refit with the latest technology.

that being said, can't we all get along? :rant:

Post Edited ( 04-19-05 08:52 )

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #52 - 19 April 2005, 09:17:29
OMNIDIRECTIONAL TRANSMISSION TO ALL NATIONS

Perhaps this is another bold undertaking of the Venusian "pirates" or whatever we will call the mysterious attackers
of Venus.

GSI has made no progress in uncovering the identity, purpose and location of this para-faction. We urge other
nations to focus their intelligence efforts and report any findings. The security of the Solar System is at stake.
Whoever is responsible, they obviously want to turn the major powers against eachother. Do not let them succeed.
We do not need another war, especially if it is based on faulty assumptions, misunderstanding and bad recon.

Sincerely yours,
President DocHoliday of the GSI

Off-story remark:
hehe, when you think about it, you come to appreciate the difficult job Earth politicians actually have. I mean, there is
like 10 of us here and look what kind of a mess we are able to cook up. Imagine Earth with its 200 odd nations which
are not necessarily friendly towards eachother by default as we are here, due to history and whatnot. ALSO, here we
can make up any kind of military we want and can feel reasonably safe, in real-life though there are nations who are
militarily obviously weak and those who are dominant. I can see quite clearly how and why the strong would feel the
need to keep a tight grasp on the weak, while the weak would do anything to feel safer, even resort to terrorism-like
actions to gain that... good learning experience this OSN, innit? :)

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline MadMike

Reply #53 - 19 April 2005, 14:25:20
GENERAL TRANSMISSION TO ALL NATIONS & COMPANYS

From FedExIII

The Federation will support MMC in their times of trouble, there are now 2 Agamemnon Heavy Crusiers In Orbit around Mercury
for the asistance of MMC they will respond to any act of agression against MMC Instalations or Ships, warnings will not be
given, justice will be swift.
The Agamemnon's carry with them 10 brand new FedFighters ( 5 each ) and 1000 Storm Troopers, they also have food & medical
supplies, the FedEx-02 Hospital Ship is also on route,

====

To Capt. Monroe
Due to the possible arrival of undesirable immigrants to Mars, the Agamemnon 4 is now patroling in Mars Orbit, we have at
this time no quarral with you, but kindly request you inform us if you intend to leave your base, we would not wish to open
fire on your ship by mistake, it is not required that you file a full flight plan , just your orbital assent details, we also
take this opportunity to welcome you back home,
The undesirables are called SFC and have stated they will settle on Mars, they give coords  00.00 x 000.00, as their base
site, both the FedExIII and Lord She. have declared war on them for commercial reasons, their ships and Bases will be
destroyed as soon as they are deployed in Mars Orbit or on any attempt to land in any other place than FederationIII Home
base, or GSI Facilities.

====

To The Venus Govenment
We do not wish to engage you in conflict, but we will not let you force your selves upon those persons who would rather you
departed from their lands, we understand from your last transmissions that you are in the proccess of evacuating all your
peoples and materials from Mercury, this is a good start on your part, and shows that you have some respect for other
nations,  we hope it can stay that way.

====

To Central Earth Council
The Galactic Federation III is now in the prosess of setting up a Earth Base as a trade and embassy the position chossen is
that known as Grand Imperial bases ( Sydney/Mellville), a small delegation will arrive in 5 days to start the arrangements,
as always The Federation salute you, and will uphold your independance and non commitment in Solar matters,

====

End of Transmission

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #54 - 19 April 2005, 14:44:49
### INCOMING TRANSMISSION ###

Tranmission to FedExIII,
from Lord She'Da'Lier.

That's right, we're on war with SFC, but that doesn't mean direct attacks on mars. Although any SFC's ship in fire range will
be engaged.
How about establishing Free Transport Guild (something like UP)? Then we could crush the competition. Of course that doesn't
mean SDLSE will let you get the sector, but we could give up military conflict for now. You can also have controll over
passanger sector, SDLSF isn't interested in it for now.

### TRANSMISSION ENDS ###

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline MadMike

Reply #55 - 19 April 2005, 15:27:24
To Lord She'Da'Lier
From MadMike

I have no intentions of trying to push you out of the transport buisness, and I agree to form a Transport Guild with you
at the moment I have 4 large InterGalactic Class Transporters, and It is the intention to set up a liner service with them
They will perform a circuit of all planets stopping in orbit to load and unload any cargos available, as you can see this
will take some time to perform, this is why there are 4 of them, they are not fast but they are big, and can carry all kinds
of products, from ore in bulk to liquids and gasses, containers, and heavy machinery, It was indended that these 4 service
the outer planets with the federations orbital1 station as the terminal from the inner planets, I have also 6 small fast
freighters, that were to serve the inner planets and also terminate at the orbital station,  these ships can be sold and you
could control the inner planet freight, using Fed-Ex-Orbital1 to transfer the cargos for the outer planets to my ships, at
the same time picking up cargos for the inner planets that has arrived from the outer system, like this we could set a price
for the freight rates,

There will always be small outfits that would carry their own products, or the independant with 1 ship running freight, but
these should not worry us, and in the end they would not be able to offer the same terms as us.

As for the passanger services, our ship is not finished yet, and would only run in conjunction with the holiday complex
planed on Mars, but that is also the future,

GSI has stated that they will do nothing about this SFC and their Freight Plans, It will be unwise to take any direct action
against them on Mars, but ships do dissapear in space, and Mars is quite a dangerous place and accidents are prone to happen
if you dont take care !!!!!

Let me know what you think about this proposal

Yours With Respect
MadMike

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #56 - 19 April 2005, 15:45:47
Tuesday, 20:23, Earth Time
Mercury Sector

-Lieutenant, initiate Engines, prepare for jump.
-Yes captain, preparing to... wait a minute, detecting multiple signals on short range sensors.
-How could they get that near withoug being detected?
-It looks like they have some kind of stealth technology, we can't get a clean reading.
I can jsut say they're heavily armed, sir.
-All hands, battle stations, this is not a drill. Commander, load foreward rocket tubes.
-sir, these are the same ship designs that attacked venus.
-They're shooting! Incomming torpedo!
-Send a message to Commander oli_chose123, we found the pirates who attacked venus...
-I'll contact the venusians, can you send me an image of them?
[STATIC]Picture sent sir... We are continu...[EXPLOSION]
-Captain? Captain! damn it... Let's seee that picture... OH my god!
[pressing the communication button]lieutenant, send me the fleet captain.
I want to know why these are our new ships on this picture...
If venus were to know that...

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #57 - 19 April 2005, 16:20:28
To MadMike:
I agree with your terms, though SDLSF will also continue flights on demand to outer planets. We're planning to enlarge our
Europe-class freighters fleet, as we have only one now.
I suppose we can assume Free Transporters' Guild officially formed.
Additionaly, we should put on some sanctions on Venus, what do you think?

Offline MadMike

Reply #58 - 19 April 2005, 16:59:10
[b]to Lord She'Da'Leir
[/b]

OK agreed
we also have some freight contracts from Earth, we would have given them to you but we keep them like
you will your outer planet contracts

The Mars Orbital Station is free for your use, you only pay the services you ask for ( fuel/repairs etc) docking fees are
free likewise cargo transfer costs, for cargos loaded into federation ships for outer planets and cargo from outer planets
transfered to your ships inward bound.
Fuel will be at Cost (no taxes)
as our transporters will no longer call at the inner planets we will need to rearange the flight rotas, but we hope in the
end, once we have a few more ships to set off every 28days from Mars Orbital to the outer planets, you will need to have any
transfer cargo available here 4 days before, and will recive cargo for the inner planets at the same time.

not sure about the "Free" bit in the name, sounds cheap and may give people the wrong idea how about
"The Solar Transporters Guild"

as for sanctions on Venus
This is a tricky situation,  we are already sending aid to Venus because of their late problems, it would not be right to
stop these now,  but trade, transportation services, could be blocked untill he learns to keep out off other peoples hair,

MadMike

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #59 - 19 April 2005, 20:35:43
Or how about "Independent Tranporters Guild"? ;)
I would agree to lead in an embargo over Venus after this post:
he Galactic Federation And SDLSE make big claims.

Venus is not the kind of people to just sit idly by and let two monopolistic corporations hog all the freight within the
entire solar system, as venus would welcome seeing the extra competition. therefore, any non-moon/mars cargo
ships carrying venusian goods, as well as ANY non-moon/mars cargo ships operating within venusian territory will
now be under the protection of Venus. (Venus is free to do so, despite the fact that it is well under 1 light year from
Mars.)

Offline MadMike

Reply #60 - 19 April 2005, 21:20:25
to Lord She'Da'Lier

Ok thats a wrap, we go like this
it was just that free sounded like open to all
Independant sounds like one of many other frieght lines
I just thought that solar gave the impression that in this system you have no other choise, but never mind I go with
independant. because I will make sure there are no others, space is large and dangerous accidents can happen

I will also join you in a embargo on Venus
he will pay dear for frieght movements for a long time, for the moment all support and aid is withdrawn from Venus
I wil start by blockading all inbound freight traffic to Venus

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #61 - 20 April 2005, 02:04:27
Thanks to madmike i can now make addons!!!
ok... textures are ugly, and the frigate looks like a gun, but for now, these are the official mercurain corvette and frigate.

This is the Mercurian corvette
(sry for the 1024/768)

And this is the Mercurian Frigate

Post Edited ( 04-20-05 03:24 )

Offline voangers806

Reply #62 - 20 April 2005, 02:36:00
The KBF want to buy a few of thoses ships to reinforce its fleet

Commander voangers806 of the Kuiper Belt Federation

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #63 - 20 April 2005, 09:13:04
I would agree to lead in an embargo over Venus after this post:

BAKA-Tachi ni....

You mistake Venus for modern day america, as in being a major trader, with massive trade deficits, and messing in other's affairs by attacking them. We are only wishing to even the playing field for THOSE WHO CANNOT DIRECTLY COMPETE AGAINST SUCH MONOPOLISTIC CORPORATIONS!

And to think that DocHoliday lets that FedEx stay on mars. Doesn't he know that an almost barter-like economy isn't in the interests of capitalistic corporations of that stature?

Everything we Venusians need, we make ourselves. Foreign companies looking to establish themselves on Venus face the strictest regulations, and by and large, are few and far between. Tariffs are enormous, protecting local industry, and thus acts as a natural deturrant to trade already, yet you boldly try to threaten us Venusians by trying to cut off something that really doesn't exist in the first place.

the few resources that aren't abundant on venus, we transport ourselves. We don't need greedy middlemen sucking
up our wealth.

That being said, let the monopolies fall.  They'll get no pity from us.

Long live free enterprise!

Post Edited ( 04-20-05 09:19 )

Offline MadMike

Reply #64 - 20 April 2005, 10:29:46
I don't see this as free enterprise, this is reminisant of the old USSR socilist times
Close the door and try to make out that there is nothing outside better than you already have
spend the wealth of the nation on massive arms projects, and let the people starve
Your arms are not for the stated protection of your planet, but to control your own people and threaten other nations
to bend to your will,  from the very first you stated that your missiles were aimed at all other Solar Nations,  for what
reason, except your own fear that you are unable to compete, or that your people may become dissatisfied with what you can
offer and look elsewere.
eaven your first statement (You mistake Venus for modern day america, as in being a major trader, with massive trade
deficits, and messing in other's affairs by attacking them. We are only wishing to even the playing field for THOSE WHO
CANNOT DIRECTLY COMPETE AGAINST SUCH MONOPOLISTIC CORPORATIONS!
) is proof that you live in the past not the future,
your statement reflects the situation in 2005 not 2105.

It is not possible in these times to live secluded from the rest of humanity, the Earth became to small for mand kind, and
the Solar System will at some time be in the same book, we should not spend all our time reinventing the wheel, if someone
has established service that is capable of supplying the total demand, of the solar system, back off, because if they have no
competition in this field they can maximise their resorces and give a cheaper service to all,  look elsewere for a service
not yet covered and do the same with this,  you have MMC screaming for someone to give him power production equipment,  this
could be another possibility for somebody else to jump in and provide a service !!.

So now you can maybe see more clear were FedExIII are looking,  not for today, not how much we can cram in the bank, but how
can we make the Solar System and beyond a better place for all humanity regardless of race or creed,  unfortunalty this means
the eradication of all the old values, and those that can not look out beyond their own interests
must be re-educated, it will take time ( maybe to much time) but there must be a start today, tomorrow my be to late !!

MadMike
President Galactic Federation III

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #65 - 20 April 2005, 12:40:18
Sound's like someone's getting a bit too cocky.

Communism, INDEED! (You're insults are starting to really tick me off in-character) Our doors aren't closed. We just
refuse to blindly blend in with everyone harmoniously. by the way,  Where the hell have I mentioned aiming missiles
at the other nations, hmmmm!?? :grrr: I did a search myself, thinking I may have said such a thing in jest, but found
only two matches to "solar nations" and "missiles". one was your last post, and another was from atom. Even that
was mostly for fun, as in was only us having fun at the time. I demand an apology for this accusation you throw at me.

The EIA (Europan Intelligence Agency) would like contact with any freelancer that has stealth ability. We
would like to buy your technology for a hefty fee. It will go towards a....project....involving...er....missiles

Why NOT let big corporations milk the people by rooting out all local competion through cheap prices,
then jack up the prices like there's no tommorrow when there's no one left?

because it's not fair to the local people. The people who I cater to, and hold responsibilty to. That's why we
don't let others in so easily. Exactly where have I said that I starve my people? Where have I said that I spend all
money on massive war projects at their expense?

I only speak of warships and such now because of the political climate. I don't care about the mercurians anymore.
they do their own thing. The Martians too, and so on, and so on.

If there's anything that can't be made in Venus, we let our own people in on it first, and only tolerate so much
competition as to prevent it before our market becomes like california and hawaii in america today, signifigantly
foreign owned. It's economic suicide. I will not tolerate such things.

proof that you live in the past not the future, your statement reflects the situation in 2005 not 2105.

The wisest of people look to the past in order to understand the future. I'm not claiming to be the wisest, but I'll be
damned, before I become the most foolish. I'm a traditional person. sure. I'll admit that I'm a bit ecccentric. who else
would keep a traditional system of measurement when everybody else is going metric?

I like to see it as most people would prefer to stick with what they know. And I'm one of them, I even go so far to as
to prevent mandatory conversion forced on the masses by a handful of people who wish to increase their profits.

I stand before the other nations of the solar system here and ask: Who else uses commodities to back their currency?

Or does everyone believe that their government is going to be able to back all of it's money through faith alone when
the currency increases in supply by over 1.5% every year? and it's a bad thing to give the people something of
tangible value to use as money? HA! I do it because I care for them, and would expect, (though not necessarily trust)
another ruler to do the same for me.

You say that I cling to old values. that much is true. I will never deny that. But I cling to them because I see value in
them. I see value in them because they limit the power of those who seek it most. Thus truly making the people of my
nation TRULY free. free from those who would try to usurp that power, both foreign and domestic.

To be quite honest with you, I only trust most people as far as I can throw them. I can respect everyone, but
I'm NOT going to hold hands with them. I'm human, such is life. I mind my own business, and others should stay out
of mine.

the reason why I wish to break up your "futuristic happy" monopoly is becuase you threaten venusian interests by
raising shipping costs throughout the solar system. Even if venus itself doesn't use your services, others do, and so
we will have to pay extra indirectly when we acquire outside goods. this is unacceptable.

Venus makes it's own goods, for it's own people. We're the most independant of ALL planets now because of that.
Being independant is important, as it prevents relying on others, thus, being forced to do their bidding in order to
receive that help.

look elsewere for a service not yet covered and do the same with this, you have MMC screaming for someone
to give him power production equipment, this could be another possibility for somebody else to jump in and provide a
service !!.

you forgot to mention that only YOU will be able to ship this power equipment to him because of your refusal to allow
other shipping companies into the fray. You could charge as much as you wanted to ship it too them, because there's
nobody else to do it. Oops... didn't want to rain on your parade... :(

These are your new improved and modern values!? F*** that! This is capitalism as seen in america today. It's as
corrupt as it gets! I do not consider my people socialistic, we're not extremes in either direction. as we do believe in
pay by the hour, and private ownership and all that.. but we don't have a stock market, and other such things.

Here on venus, you can get anything that you can get on the other planets. A Venusian toaster costs the same to the
average consumer as a Martian one. A Venusian power converter costs the same as a Europan one. If for some
reason, foreign prices raise too high in comparison to local prices on something, then we ease the tarriffs on the
particular item. we do this because in order to have TRUE EQUALITY, all players must be on the same playing field

treat people truly fair, as you would so claim to, or I won't forgive you and your corporation.

I am mostly unconcerened with people of any race, or creed, on anywhere but venus*, we simply have no
jurisdiction elsewhere, nor care to. We're not the solar system's policemen. When something threatens
my
people, and their interests I will fight for them until the end. We have no real committments to the solar
system, and it's just the way we prefer it. Mars deals with mars, mercury with mercury, (as I have promised, I will
leave them be. The main reason I even wanted those bases on mercury was to allow Venusian citizens a place to
seek refuge if they're unable to leave the planet during a crisis.) earth with earth, and so on.

If we were bleeding hearts, caring for the whole solar system, we'd become the most hated nation in the solar
system. Look at Iraq, (as of today, OOC) americans decided to "liberate" them, and what good did that do? IF the
Iraqis truely appreciated being free of Sadam, then they wouldn't be still fighting, american troops'd be on the way
home by now, and america wouldn't be bleeding itself dry trying to fix the problems in one country. These are
the fruits america chose to reap by doing so. It's folly, anybody can see that. I'm not going to do that omongst the
solar system, either.

and that ends that. My ideals are old, but those who wish to "re-educate" (brainwash) my people with this new-age
BS, will answer to me, and my big katana. Have a nice day. :)

*venusian citizens abroad also apply.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #66 - 20 April 2005, 13:11:42
I stand before the other nations of the solar system here and ask: Who else uses commodities to back their
currency?

I do. My economy works as barter economy WITHIN GSI and works as market economy OUTSIDE GSI. No money
required on Mars, but we take taxes and pay fees with whatever monetary units the agreement specifies. We keep
the barter and the monetary economy independent of eachother to prevent economic collapses. The drawback is,
that we also cannot have economic booms as were known in Earth's past. But we have learned to live with a stable,
yet low economic growth. We live long lives, so anything is achievable :)

I usually do not agree with Lord Freespace, but I agree with most of what he said. I will not go into an passionate
debate about it, but I've come to realize there are two types of leaders in the Solar system and they correspond
directly to the type of faction they lead, which also makes perfect sense. One are national leaders, the other are
corporate leaders. Our values, principles and methods of doing things are by definition different and will never be
completely compatibile. While national leaders seek peace, stability, prosperity, quality of life and affordable products
and services, the corporate leaders probably seek competition, expansion, purchasing power (not to be confused
with prosperity!), mechanisms to promote consumption and cost-effective products. The philosophies are similar, but
come from two different directions. One is happyness-motivated, the other is profit-motivated.

And it is the way it should be until we develop a better system. It is also important to note than one cannot exist
without the other. You cannot have happyness without profit and you cannot have profit without happyness. You
cannot have peaceful, prosperous and happy people if you don't have big corporations who are able to mass produce
goods and services. On the other hand a corporation cannot exist unless there are people who belive they can
achieve peace, prosperity and happyness through work....

So we are forced to coexist and find a workable solution... I have no problems with monopolies (especially natural
monopolies (look up the term if you don't know what I'm talking about) - because they are actually more effective
than free market), IF and only if they don't abuse their power and they work with nations for the good of all.. (which
is why I wont butt my nose into FedExIII-SDL-SFC disputes).

In return I demand that corporations do not meddle into political and national matters of the states, because
business institutions code of conduct by definition does NOT include ethics, care for the citizens and similar things,
simply because they do not have to - if they do that though, it is just to increase productivity and efficiency (which is
why I cannot have a corporation run the show on Mars with me, coz Martians will pay the price when the fertilizer
starts hitting the ion exhaust). Nations are charged with ethics and care for citizens.. and are generally lousy at
making profit as all of us know :)

If we can keep these interest separate, we will all be happy.

President DocHoliday, GSI

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #67 - 20 April 2005, 13:19:14
that we also cannot have economic booms as were known in Earth's past. But we have learned to live with a
stable, yet low economic growth. We live long lives, so anything is achievable

hehe..

Venus isn't known for having economic bubbles, either. thatnkfully, though, we don't have the bust cycles that usually
follow them. :)

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #68 - 20 April 2005, 20:22:58
OOC: Yay, Freespace and Doc are back to writing essays! :)

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #69 - 20 April 2005, 21:46:18
MadMike wrote:
GENERAL TRANSMISSION TO ALL SOLAR MEMBER

From General Council
Galactic Federation  III

We Have recived information that there is a company that has stated their intentions to establish a base on Mars
GSI and the Federation Control Mars and as far as I know there has been no request from settlers to come here

We have requested from GSI confirmation if or not they have given permission for this settlement.

we have no objections to other settlements here, but they must first go through the correct proccedures,

We are also informed that this company intends to establish a frieght company
THAT IS A BIG NO
The federation run freight/passanger services in this sector along with Lord She_Da_Leir on the Moon
I for one will not allow another operator in, and I am sure the Moons Govenment will not alow this either

The Federation here by give warning
WE WILL DESTROY ANY FREIGHTERS THEIR BASES AND ANY ORBITAL STAIONS ENGAGED IN OR GIVING SUPPORT
TO ANY COMPANYS OTHER THAT THOSE OF THE FEDERATION OR THE MOON THAT ATTEMPT TO RUN SOLAR FREIGHT
SERVICES OR PASSANGER SERVICES WITHIN 1 LIGHT YEAR OF MARS

I suppose, like SDL's policy, this means even ships with the cargo/passenger carrying capacity of the DG3?
If that is so then captain Monroe will have to have some words with the local authorities (as he was
on Mars first. You just don't see him making statements like that (whether he could carry such threats out or not is up
for some creative speculation, the truth will hopefully, never be known...)

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #70 - 20 April 2005, 22:15:46
And of course, now I make my way to the end of the page, Though I've now read Mike's message to me, my above
comment still applies.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #71 - 21 April 2005, 08:21:43
Krytom wrote:
OOC: Yay, Freespace and Doc are back to writing essays! :)
Oh gawd, I actually had enough time to be drawn into it again ;)

~~~

Offline MadMike

Reply #72 - 21 April 2005, 11:02:37
To Capt. Monroe
You are not subject to any action and your right to habit Mars is not a point of issue.
In fact we admire your freedom , it reminds us of how we started after fleeing The Great War,  but we have now grown into a
sizable community and it is impossible to continue along those lines, we need to settle and expand to give our people a
decent way of life and secure the future for our children, some people try to say we are just interested in self profit, but
that is not true, we care about our people and the well being of all in the Solar system, but we live in a real world that is
growing fast, and not in the dream of what might have been, man must look forward not back, the past gave us knowlage about
things that could not work, we have to take notice of this and build a better place for our children, because for us it is
already to late.

I just require you lets us know when you intend to lift off or to land at Mars, until this affair with SFC is resolved
normal flights like those of GSI and FedExIII can be identified but you do not fly by the book, always in and out like a
shadow in the night, we would not like to cause you harm because some junior capt. gets nervous and opens fire.
_____
Transportation issues

People that use DG's to run small ammounts of cargo/passangers for themselves or other persons do not pose a problem for the
Transport Guild, the ammount that they can shift and the time & distance they need to do this is means their price must be
much higher than ours,   also people that operate small cargo ships do not present a major problem because they also have a
large cost overhead, these kind of operations are not subject to our attention, althou they might find it more adventageous
to join the Transport Guild

The FedExIII class 86 Cargo Liner can shift 100,000 tons of mixed cargo type at 1 time, and is fast, with the new
photon/Alpha drives developed by the Federation Shipyards.
Lord She'Da'Leir's new class of frieghter is still I belive under development and I have no information about its specs but
you can be sure that it will be big and fast, and carry a large payload,

we can offer a regular service, pick up and drop cargos in orbit for your own retrival/conveniance and at a price per ton
quite a lot smaller than anyone else,

If you look at this issue in real time ( or even in the past ) you will see that over capacity in a given market does not
lead to cheaper prices or inproved facilitys, infact just the reverse.
And this is even more critical when both the companys are sitting next to one another, now if he had decided to settle on one
of the outer planets then things would have been different, because we could have then worked together to the benifit of all,

But at the Moment I still stick with SDL over this issue and will not accept anothe transport company to opperate out of Mars

Offline MadMike

Reply #73 - 22 April 2005, 17:05:59
To : MMC
copy to : All Nations/Companys

due to Venus having agreed to withdraw from Mercury in and orderly and peacefull manner, we hereby recall the 2 Agamemnon
Cruisers, they will resume patrol around Mars keeping an eye out for intruders that may try to settle here without permission,

we wish the new rulers on Mercury all the best and will give any assistance & aid that they may need in their struggle to
establish a new nation,

=====

To : SFC
we have not see any more comunication from you regards your intentions, but we assume you have read our messages and those
from GSI and The Moon Govenment, be awear that we still disaprove of your setting up a freight company here but we will step
back a bit an await developments.

To : GSI

Please to inform us as to the situation regards SFC
have you had any responce from them regarding their proposals

MadMike
FedExIII General Council

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #74 - 22 April 2005, 22:09:23
to FedEx:

I have no interest in setting up a freight company, especially on mars. (I really couldn't, as I'm the leader of a nation,
and not a company) If you wish to keep others from setting up on mars, then that's between you and GSI.

I only care about you trying to keep others from starting up as far as "one light year" from mars. (which is the whole
solar system) We wish to support many companies, without favoring one.

If venus was to become the host of a transport company similar company to fedex, and the leader of said company
wanted to expand on mars, that would be between you two, and maybe GSI itself.

That is my position.

have a nice day.

(glad to see the tension decrease for once...)