See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [closed] Orbiter Solar Nations III (see OSN IV thread)  (Read 39552 times)

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #25 - 15 April 2005, 20:59:56
I'll get a bit of everything, and i give gold, and a bit of iron
one thing i would like to discuss... weapons...
if i want to survive, i'll need defence, and top of the line technology
ive got the money, i can buy ships, because buildingthem is a bit too much expensive
i ca ngive hign ammount of gold in exchange for a big ship.

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #26 - 15 April 2005, 22:46:02
why do i always find how to do something AFTER asking how to??????
i did a freighter that actually contain gold!!! if you zoom on it
and creating a VERY VERY ugly battleship

Offline voangers806

Reply #27 - 16 April 2005, 00:46:24
I would want to join orbiter solar nation.
I could take the kuiper asteroids belt.

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #28 - 16 April 2005, 03:26:15
(onboard the SS Terpathia)
The time had passed too slowly for Simon, but it was now time to prepare for MaOI (Mars Orbit Insertion).
And so, the appropriate systems were powered up, calculations made, ship oriented, engines burned, and then everything was
powered down again, although the radio reciever was left on.

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #29 - 16 April 2005, 08:45:31
voangers: asteroids are (unofficially) taken by Dan's Astertoid Belt Confederatio (lack of N makes me mad too, tough english
is not my primary language :))

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #30 - 16 April 2005, 08:48:57
unofficialy ? :doubt:

Haw sorry to not be here more often but you just need
to imagin that I beat you all and that's it... :)

Post Edited ( 04-16-05 08:49 )

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #31 - 16 April 2005, 10:05:34
The kuiper belt is not taken by dan. :grrr:

The ABC's borders are between Mars and Jupiter, but has no claims to anything beyond Neptune.

Though Dan isn't here often, I've been writing that he's been beating us. (or more specifically me.)

he just has to acknowledge it. Then we can have this solar system war as it was meant to be, and without all of this
politics stuff. :)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #32 - 16 April 2005, 13:23:57
Oh yeah, Dan DO say that you attacked and beat Freespace, we all have our military fleets ready to jump the ABC! We are just
WAITING for you to confirm! :) :)

;)

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #33 - 16 April 2005, 19:13:10
So what is it, dan?

Are you really beating us, or is it all talk? :doubt:

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #34 - 16 April 2005, 19:48:33
Oh, and by the way. OPA will protect any planitary systems that are attacked, but I refuse to engage the ABC
offensively. Just thought I'd let you know.

*Sit's in communications room awaiting transmissions*

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #35 - 16 April 2005, 23:36:03
(onboard the SS Terpathia)
It is once again time to power up verious systems, this time in preparation to land. The power up procedure (which is now
second nature) goes flawlessly, as do the calculations needed for a reentry plan. The burn goes smoothly and the deorbit and
landing (directly at home) goes as planned. Once off his ship, Captain Simon Monroe stows it in the hangar and activates the
security system built by his father. He then heads into the house to watch the local Martian news...

Offline voangers806

Reply #36 - 17 April 2005, 05:50:13
hi again
sorry, i was away all the day, but now i'm here.  
Now that i know that nobady are claiming the kuiper belt, what i have to do?

Post Edited ( 04-18-05 01:16 )

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #37 - 17 April 2005, 12:23:47
First, go to first OSN thread, copy and fill in and post your nation's form, than do the same on the official website (see
publications).

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #38 - 17 April 2005, 23:55:44
for anybody who uses vinka's dll... is there a way, for payload, to use a .ini class?
i want to add torpedoes for my battleship, but it doenst take .ini files for my torpedo class
and cfg are too long and too complicated to do?is there any way to change that? or i must try a .cfg?

Offline voangers806

Reply #39 - 18 April 2005, 01:35:39
ok, thank you SHE.
i have do that
KBF is officialy registred :)

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #40 - 18 April 2005, 13:59:53
Vinka's DLL ships work fine as payloads. Just specify Spacecraft/Spacecraft as type and name is your ini name.

Offline MadMike

Reply #41 - 18 April 2005, 17:36:31
Hi oli

Were you at boy
A cone is just a cylinder with one end smaller then the other !!
You can make just about any shape you need useing the primitives, just takes a bit of thought

as for scale, it already there (up,down, custom,)

___

She
I have Gmax, but have been using Anim8tor
Anim8tor outputs 3ds files but I cant get them to load in to Gmax ?

Offline MadMike

Reply #42 - 18 April 2005, 18:26:25
GENERAL TRANSMISSION TO ALL SOLAR MEMBER

From General Council
Galactic Federation  III

We Have recived information that there is a company that has stated their intentions to establish a base on Mars
GSI and the Federation Control Mars and as far as I know there has been no request from settlers to come here

We have requested from GSI confirmation if or not they have given permission for this settlement.

we have no objections to other settlements here, but they must first go through the correct proccedures,

We are also informed that this company intends to establish a frieght company
THAT IS A BIG NO
The federation run freight/passanger services in this sector along with Lord She_Da_Leir on the Moon
I for one will not allow another operator in, and I am sure the Moons Govenment will not alow this either

The Federation here by give warning
WE WILL DESTROY ANY FREIGHTERS THEIR BASES AND ANY ORBITAL STAIONS ENGAGED IN OR GIVING SUPPORT
TO ANY COMPANYS OTHER THAT THOSE OF THE FEDERATION OR THE MOON THAT ATTEMPT TO RUN SOLAR FREIGHT
SERVICES OR PASSANGER SERVICES WITHIN 1 LIGHT YEAR OF MARS

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #43 - 18 April 2005, 18:46:40
You're right, SDLSE have already defined war against them as you can read in the comment on the official site.

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #44 - 18 April 2005, 21:03:23
The Galactic Federation And SDLSE make big claims.

Venus is not the kind of people to just sit idly by and let two monopolistic corporations hog all the freight within the
entire solar system, as venus would welcome seeing the extra competition. therefore, any non-moon/mars cargo
ships carrying venusian goods, as well as ANY non-moon/mars cargo ships operating within venusian territory will
now be under the protection of Venus. (Venus is free to do so, despite the fact that it is well under 1 light year from
Mars.)

Offline MadMike

Reply #45 - 18 April 2005, 21:31:33
Better he settle on Venus then
the Federation will destroy any instalations he attempts to establish on Mars
He can carry any of your cargo he wishes but we will block any attempt by him to establish freighting services
in the Mars/Earth/Moon area

SDLSE & FedExIII have the largest fleets of transporters with established services, the new boy just aint
big enough to compete, we can undercut him, out trade him, and if nessasary kick his arse from here to Jupiter

As for Venus, well she just had her arse kicked, better she keeps quite for now and lick her scars

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #46 - 18 April 2005, 22:42:53
you said 1 light year, so freight service is restricted in the entire solar system?
if there's war because of this, mercury will refuse any refugees, and will take side along fedexIII(its good to have
friends), and any ships that will scan kbf and mmc's freighters will be shot. These ships contain top secret farming
technology. In order to establish and to gain a good economy.

we also inform that tourism will be extremely limited, and venusian military bases are not to scan us. this will result in
armed conflict, and even if economy is in problems, our planetary defence system is perfectly operational, and kbf's
technology can destroy an entire fleet. We are not asking venusian people to leave, we will follow indepedence
terms, but venusians will not be accepted in mercurian cities.

we are also asking weapon trading from fedexIII, shipyards are running fast, but we need defence technology.

No  military ships  are to enter mercurian space.

thanks

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #47 - 19 April 2005, 01:09:43
Heh, I don't know where you dug up that 1 LY thing, free..? :)

I have posted my official response on OSN. I think it's flexible enough to accomodate any kind of further
developments. Heh, I can barely keep up with you guys, specially you MadMike :)

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline MadMike

Reply #48 - 19 April 2005, 01:20:46

To MMC
From FedExIII

We Thank you for your declared support
We have no objections to the new boy setting up base on Mars or anywhere come to that
what we object to is that he did not follow procedures and request from GSI & FedExIII permission to do so
before people are allowed in we need to know something about them and what their intentions are regards trade / arms /
taxation / where they came from, how many of them,  can they establish facilities, and support themselves, will they conflict
with the trade & political stand of the Federation and GSI,  
Also The Federation and Lord She have spent vast fortunes in establishing freighting services in the Solar System
infact eaven the two of us have had our little grunt at each other over this issue, but at the moment we have a unofficial
agreement to tolerate each other, but more freight companys setting up would cause problems, It takes a long time for our
ships, eaven with their moden propulsion system to do a round trip of the Solar System, and to arrive at an orbital station
and find joe bloggs arrived last week and picked up all the shipments by undercutting our prices would kind of stick in the
throat somewhat,  

We see that Lord She has declared war on them over the Transport issue,  this would mean direct attacks by him on the Planet
Mars, this can not be allowed,  before this we will take action and destroy them ourselves.

As for arms, we have a small production facility for this purpose, we had been hoping to run this down, but under the present
circumstances this will not be possible,  before we can offer you anything we would need to know what kind of arms and what
facilitys you have to port them,( size/weight ect) planatry ot space borne
If for ship mounting we would need to know how much room is available for the actual weapon plus mountings and amo storage ?

what power facilitys you have to power them or do we have to supply power units as well.
Also we have to take council with the other nations, because we would not wish to start an arms race in the system

we wait your reply
MadMike

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #49 - 19 April 2005, 02:16:09
about weapons, production of brand new stealth battleships and long range heavy fighters is running fine, and kbf is
delivering power cells
because of lack of rare resources, weapon production is impossible on mercury, and ship's weapon turrets are
needed.

We need top of the line weapons, ion, plasma, and some torpedoes. kbf supply uranium, so thermo-nuclear weapons
aren't needed. We could trade some DG for weapons, they aren't needed anymore, same from our shuttleA.

we are making a big change in our society, and are trying to implement high tech within the population.
but for now, weapons are a priority, who would want a venusian raid to take back their claim.