See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [closed] Orbiter Solar Nations III (see OSN IV thread)  (Read 39550 times)

Offline Travis Reed

14 April 2005, 04:25:52
In the interests of keeping the other thread from getting prohibitively long, I present to you, the third thread about
OSN.

Relavant data:
Current data (I'll keep these updated, possibly add a link or two):
OSN Website: http://www.vidmar.org/drupal
OSN Forum: http://travisserv.servegame.com:81/modules/forum/index.php

The OSN forum is up once again, but no telling for how long. If you find it is down, wait a few hours and check again
(someone here will occasionally turn off the internet...:( ) Also, the router and/or cable modem will occasionally have
issues and cut the net from my machine. 'Tis nothing that needs reporting (because if I can see the report, then likely
the problem is already fixed).

Post Edited ( 04-15-05 01:24 )

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #1 - 14 April 2005, 05:27:25
Oh, the thoughts that are going through my head now.

I wonder if we're going get get even more "dansteph forum exclusive" threads with several sequals due to length...

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #2 - 14 April 2005, 10:18:23
MadMike: There is already something like that coded by daver, though you have to pass collision detection code
yourself.

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline MadMike

Reply #3 - 14 April 2005, 11:24:15
Hi Freespace

the OSN thread will continue with many new starts because every one is posting here and not on OSN's site
and there are more and more people joining in
so its here untill Dan kicks it out ....!!

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #4 - 14 April 2005, 14:06:02
Announcement.

Venus now has it's own national anthem. (it's legal, as it was written before copyright law.)

http://orbiter.vidmar.org/dg3/phmband.mp3

IGNORE the fact that this is docholiday's webspace. surely with all the traffic he gets, he'll never notice the extra
bandwidth. ;)

Offline MadMike

Reply #5 - 14 April 2005, 19:25:03
Its too long,  at half way through it grinds the brain (SWITCH OFF TIME)
nice try though.

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #6 - 14 April 2005, 20:39:37
How dare you say that about the Venus March! :grrr:

;)

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #7 - 14 April 2005, 21:26:55
It's true. :)

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #8 - 14 April 2005, 21:43:22
I don't care. :music:

I like it a lot, and there's nothing you can do to change the fact that venus has an anthem now.

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #9 - 14 April 2005, 21:59:23
freespace,  following advices, i declare independence, and want to be free...
all ships are on alert, and if you accept without force, trades relations are not to be brocken
In case of military conflict, I am asking for any help in personnel, ships or supplies from other nations, since planetary
defence wasn't a problem...

to any other nations, i am in search of trade relations, needing uranium for powering installations
I'll gladly exchange for gold and iron in large quantities...

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #10 - 14 April 2005, 23:02:24
i did a mesh, a config file, but how do i set position and hsip direction, mesh viewer doesn't want to open...
its good to have a ugly ship, but i would like it not to accelerate at left...

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #11 - 15 April 2005, 00:18:12
Well, hell that was fast. I knew this was coming, but still...

you only waited a week or so before deciding to consolidate your power? :doubt:

bah. I won't accept this independance claim as is. ESPECIALLY right off the bat like this. :grrr: if you had waited a few
months, to prove your worth to me, I would have gladly surrendered it to you, but now it's too late, and you leave me
no choice.

Venus has put too many resources into mercury to just give it up like this.

If you want it so bad, you can have it, BUT you must agree to the following terms. NO negotiations on these.

1. All military installations and bases directly under control of venus prior to your.... coup d'etat... remain under control
by venus. those of partnership ventures between Venus and mercury will be surrendered to Mercury and those
already controlled by mercury remain so, though staff and personnel from all bases may choose to stay or leave along
with the convoys heading back to venus.

2. one quarter (1/4) of all Venusian gold and silver deposits in the bank of Mercury are to be withdrawn and
transported back to Venus immediately. One twelveth (1/12) of the original sum shall be withdrawn immediately and
freely donated evenly amongst all the nations who agree to be civilized and leave this discussion between Venus and
Mercury. Another two quarters (2/4, or 1/2) of the original sum to be withdrawn and transferred back to Venus in
varying amounts over time as I see fit. The remaining one sixth (1/6) of the original sum will be surrendered to the
Mercurian government, to be added to the already decent reserves available there. No interest shall be claimed by
venus on these deposits from this day up until they are withdrawn, so make it count.

3. The entire Venusian fleet stationed for Mercury's defense withdraws from Mercury in 5 days, as well as all Venuian
science vessels, with the exception of three battleships, which will be stationed in geo-syncronous orbits over the
three major venusian bases on Mercury.  Mercurian vessels of all types will naturally stay in control of Mercury.

4. Venus reserves the right to patrol ALL trade routes of the inner solar system from .45 to .85 AU away from the sun.

5. Mercury may also ask for additional terms to amend to the agreement, as long as they do not countermand or
conflict with the previous terms of the treaty.

Through agreement of these terms by Mercury, Venus will surrender full sovereign right to rule of the Mercurian
people, as well as all rights and priveledges associated with such. Venus will also terminate all further claims to
territory on Mercury, and will offer exclusive territory for a Mercurian military base of moderate size anywhere on
Venus itself. (though it must not be built within 15 Venusian statuitory miles of any current Venusian settlement.)

[edit:] this post # equals my birth year. :) [/edit]

Post Edited ( 04-15-05 00:22 )

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #12 - 15 April 2005, 01:21:05
What a coincidence free, mine too...

Offline MadMike

Reply #13 - 15 April 2005, 13:50:01
freespace2dotcom wrote:
I don't care. :music:

I like it a lot, and there's nothing you can do to change the fact that venus has an anthem now.

As long as the rest of us dont have to hear it you can play it to your hearts content
its not ileagal between consenting adults....

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #14 - 15 April 2005, 13:58:04
As long as the rest of us dont have to hear it you can play it to your hearts content
its not ileagal between consenting adults....

Well that's a little rude...

Post Edited ( 04-15-05 15:24 )

Offline MadMike

Reply #15 - 15 April 2005, 14:02:20
oli_chose123 wrote:
i did a mesh, a config file, but how do i set position and hsip direction, mesh viewer doesn't want to open...
its good to have a ugly ship, but i would like it not to accelerate at left...

Oli

Orbiter has its own peculiar frame reference,  what did you make the Mesh with, you probably need to rotate the mesh before
you export it

I use Anim8tor to build my craft, and after the mesh is finished I have to rotate X by +270 then export it as 3ds file
then with msh_maker2 change the 3ds file to Orbiter msh,  I think you said you use milkshape, I dont have this so cant say
but I think you have the same problem, maybe some of the other guys have tried milkshape and can put you right here,

=========
FedExIII are interested in opening trade with you Oil,  we need Iron/Steel/thermoplastic/    we can supply in exchange
Fuel of all kinds from our Orbital Production Facilitys, and later from our surfase Base on Mars once it is finished
we also have Medical facilities, and medical equipment/medcines,   Transport services,   Engine assemblys for all kinds of instalations from power generation plants, to Intergalactic Propulsion Units,

=========
As for Venuses demands
Maybe you should give him a firm date line where all his military bases should be removed, not a good idear to have all that hardware looking over your shoulder.

The federation are Sending I Agamemnon Battle Cruiser to your area with a trade reps and our minister of trade and his team to start negotiaions with you,  we will also support your claim for independance in the Solar Council,  as the president of GSI gave me full rights to speak for him during his absance, and I have not yet been informed of his return, I hearby declare that GSI will also support your claim infront of the council, and I am sure they also would be agreable to trade with you.

The Agamemnon will stay in your Orbit until you inform me otherwise, the (Capt Gengis Choen) has been informed to give you any assistance and support required,

MadMike
President FedExIII
and acting Designary for GSI

Post Edited ( 04-15-05 14:35 )

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #16 - 15 April 2005, 14:02:37
Oli: LMC and SDLSF would like to open-trade with you. All kinds of minerals minable on moon count.
As for MV, try Zardoz's launcher (available at OH).

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #17 - 15 April 2005, 15:37:11
MadMike wrote:

The federation are Sending I Agamemnon Battle Cruiser to your area with a trade reps and our minister of trade and
his team to start negotiaions with you,  we will also support your claim for independance in the Solar Council,  as the
president of GSI gave me full rights to speak for him during his absance, and I have not yet been informed of his
return, I hearby declare that GSI will also support your claim infront of the council, and I am sure they also would be
agreable to trade with you.

- OMNI-DIRECTIONAL XMISSION -

I am back, but haven't had time yet to rejoin the proceedings here. I thank MadMike for his leadership in my absence
and confirm both notions FedExIII has forwarded in my name in my absence.

GSI salutes Mercury's call for independence and will keep a close eye on how VFC handles this first-time occurence in
our recent solar history. In light of Venus's (so far unexplained) misfortune we hope Mercury or any other nation will
not try to capitalize on it in ways that would directly harm Venus's integrity (althought I am sure Lord Freespace
might argue Mercury's secession might qualify as such). The future of us all depends on the outcome of this.

So far we observe the Venusian government's proposal to be legitimate, fair and generous. In fact, we of GSI are
impressed with Lord Freespace's masterly demonstration of tolerance, cooperation and clarity of thought. We will not
however partake in our share of the 1/12th of Venusian reserves currently stationed on Mercury and offered by
Venus to secure our blind eye to further proceedings. We will not mingle in the afairs of Venus and Mercury by
default, we will however to the best of our ability render assistence to maintain integrity of BOTH Mercury and Venus.

Our information suggests that the recent attack of Venus may be the result of an organised group operating in the
Core region (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) and the attacks may repeat or spread to other planets within the region,
possibly to the Outer planets' region. We will not go to such lenght as to classify the guilty parties as terrorists, but
they certainly seem to have an issue with the powers at be.

- EOT -

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline MadMike

Reply #18 - 15 April 2005, 17:03:24
She_Da_Lier wrote:
Oli: LMC and SDLSF would like to open-trade with you. All kinds of minerals minable on moon count.

Hi She.
You gave me the same info regards Your MeshVeiwer
but what and where is Zardoz's Launcher I have not been able to find it ?

one other point you may know the answer to
I have been using spacecraft modual for my ships, at the moment they have not been landers only deep space craft so it has
not been a problem,  but I have been making this week 2 landers to replace the DG's and ShuttleA2's and both on re-entry and
lift off they go crazy ,  there is another generic module (Dev_ufo) that works but is a little restrictive in what you can do
with it,  and althou I have MS Visual C++  now , it's a completly new concept for me and will propably some time before I can
write a C++ module,  I can understand whats required by reading the Orbiter SKD and the DG source code but the C++ interface
baffles me somewhat at the moment,

what I need is a tutorial that takes you step by step in programing a ship module using MS C++

Cheers

Offline MadMike

Reply #19 - 15 April 2005, 17:07:29
She_Da_Lier wrote:

Hi She.
You gave me the same info regards Your MeshVeiwer
but what and where is Zardoz's Launcher I have not been able to find it ?

one other point you may know the answer to
I have been using spacecraft modual for my ships, at the moment they have not been landers only deep space craft so it has
not been a problem,  but I have been making this week 2 landers to replace the DG's and ShuttleA2's and both on re-entry and
lift off they go crazy ,  there is another generic module (Dev_ufo) that works but is a little restrictive in what you can do
with it,  and althou I have MS Visual C++  now , it's a completly new concept for me and will propably some time before I can
write a C++ module,  I can understand whats required by reading the Orbiter SKD and the DG source code but the C++ interface
baffles me somewhat at the moment,

what I need is a tutorial that takes you step by step in programing a ship module using MS C++

Cheers

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #20 - 15 April 2005, 18:28:16
freespace, i have no choice, i must accept your terms, but take no responsabilities to terorist attacks(you have
permission to open fire).
i will, however, take care of civil riot, i dont want any casualties.
you dont have the right to scan, or go in our territory... breaking this rule will result of the dstruction of any military
installations. We will not attempt to kick you out, neither attack you.

she da lier:
i would love to do buisness with you, its just that i cant find what mineral there is on the moon on the OSN website...
if you've got uranium, earth does not supply enough... and military ships, i need some

MadMike:
I just happen to

I am still in the process of designing a new class of battleship( madmike, i downloaded anim8or, and,  i just forgot to
rotate it)

one other thing, in anim8or, is there a way to have more than cylinders and spheres???

Docholiday, i hope you do not accuse me of attacking venus, how could i get a fleet that big?

thanks a lot

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #21 - 15 April 2005, 19:15:08
one other thing,
1: how do i had textures
2: i need other geometrics forms!!!!!!! like a cone,
3: how to modify height, and scale

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #22 - 15 April 2005, 20:02:11
MadMike: Zardoz's launcher is available here: http://www.orbithangar.com/searchauth.cfm?search=Zardoz&Submit3=Search
As for coding, I suggest studying some examples from SDK first and reading the Guide.
I don't know about generic DLLs though.
oli: I can't help you with animator, I'm a gmax guy. As for what we deliever: cheap building materials, we mine some iridium
and also isolate hydrogen, helium, neon, carbon and nitrogen, minerals - PYROXENE (Ca-Mg-Fe-Si compound), PLAGIOCLASE (Na or
Ca - Al Silicates), OLIVINE (Mg-Fe silicate), ILMENITE (Fe-Ti Oxide) (correct me if I'm wrong about something) and also
produce some synthetic materials.

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #23 - 15 April 2005, 20:12:36
If you've got anything that can do a nuclear fission, i really need power. (if you dont have any, i can take everything
else, i also need food[producton is low] and material for ship chasis, a new battleship class is being designed[just
need textures and some other things])
i can give you gold and iron, but our economy is in bad shape because of indepedence terms.....

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #24 - 15 April 2005, 20:20:22
As for iron, we may need some, but we generally use own, cheap materials. About the rest, I told what I've got. We also offer
best freight in the solar system if you would be interested ;)